Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096522 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1140 on: February 20, 2009, 11:03:06 AM »
was out of town for a week or so..  any news on Dave's 10@10 return? 

Welcome back, John!  No news is ... no news.   :(

Yep, I have to think if Dave's return were coming soon they'd be promoting the hell out of it, so I assume it'll be some time yet. (Perhaps a shortage of electrical engineers in remote Michigan?) But I still hold out hope to hear something besides Dave saying "It's your favorite show!" coming out of the Time Warp.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:04:41 AM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 20, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
also, I'm beginning to find Renee annoyee

Just beginning? You've got some catching up to do... ;)
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1142 on: February 20, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »

get in line!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 23, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »
Today's pop quiz was spelling guitarists' names.  ("The Rembrandts"? REALLY?)  They should've included Yngwie Malmsteen!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 23, 2009, 09:14:51 AM »

get in line!

she's on vacay this week -- a good week to listen!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 24, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
If anyone heard this morning's 9 o'clock pop quiz and heard some idiot foghead blow an easy Mimi My 3 Songs, that was me.
:(

I had free Pretenders tickets in my grasp, but I blew it! 

I heard the songs, knew the answer, called in, GOT THROUGH, but the smooth dulcet tones of Webster got me into a tizzy and I completely blanked! I got the first song wrong: said it was Stones' Jumping Jack Flash instead of Brown Sugar!

eff.... !

maybe my good luck charms are missing: I've won a few times before, and each time I won, Renee and Dave were both there.     could Renee possibly be a good luck charm?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:00:59 AM by Tinka_Cat »
~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 24, 2009, 11:03:54 AM »
If anyone heard this morning's 9 o'clock pop quiz and heard some idiot foghead blow an easy Mimi My 3 Songs, that was me.

I heard the songs, knew the answer, called in, GOT THROUGH, but the smooth dulcet tones of Webster got me into a tizzy and I completely blanked! I got the first song wrong: said it was Stones' Jumping Jack Flash instead of Brown Sugar!

eff.... !

maybe my good luck charms are missing: I've won a few times before, and each time I won, Renee and Dave were both there.     could Renee possibly be a good luck charm?

It's amazing how you can freeze up when you get on the phone with those guys, even when you're not live on the air. I've done it a few times--once I got thru to Rosalie subbing for Annalisa for Midday Mind Games and could not come up with Damian Rice's name (can you blame me). Lucky for me she fed me clues out the wazoo and then cleaned up the recording so it didn't sound like I was a complete fool. And I got the tix!
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 24, 2009, 11:09:55 AM »

eff.... !

It's amazing how you can freeze up when you get on the phone with those guys, even when you're not live on the air. I've done it a few times--once I got thru to Rosalie subbing for Annalisa for Midday Mind Games and could not come up with Damian Rice's name (can you blame me). Lucky for me she fed me clues out the wazoo and then cleaned up the recording so it didn't sound like I was a complete fool. And I got the tix!

I'm surprised I haven't heard mshray trying to win Spamalot tix yet.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 24, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »

eff.... !

I'm surprised I haven't heard mshray trying to win Spamalot tix yet.

They're giving away SPAMALOT TIX!?!?!?!?

heh heh, just kidding.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:10:27 PM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 24, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »

heh heh, just kidding.

According to Peter, John Hurley of Seinfeld, Family Feud and Dancing with the Stars is in the cast; he did the show in Vegas for a while.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 25, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »

heh heh, just kidding.

According to Peter, John Hurley of Seinfeld, Family Feud and Dancing with the Stars is in the cast; he did the show in Vegas for a while.

That should be John O'Hurley, no?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 09, 2009, 07:49:44 AM »
Was that Alicat calling in to the Morning Show in the 6:00 hour, talking about taking her 17-year-old to an AC/DC concert?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 09, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »
Was that Alicat calling in to the Morning Show in the 6:00 hour, talking about taking her 17-year-old to an AC/DC concert?

not unless it was somebody else's kid, hers are much younger.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 13, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »
Was nice to hear JJ's "Steppin' Out" at 10 of the hour.  And maybe I'm just in a good mood, but "Slide" may be in hindsight the best of the Goo Goo Dolls' MOR charters.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 13, 2009, 10:55:21 AM »

...maybe I'm just in a good mood, but "Slide" may be in hindsight the best of the Goo Goo Dolls' MOR charters.

TANC, I had much the same thought, vis a vis "Slide".  My fave song of theirs is "Flattop", a much grittier alt-rock song with excellent lyrics:

A visionary coward says that anger can be power,
As long as there's a victim on TV.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:02:53 AM by mshray »

--Carlos Santana, 2010