Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096519 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1110 on: February 05, 2009, 10:00:39 AM »
Just heard that New Music promo that mentions Josh Fixx--anyone else think he's channelling Jeff Lynne a bit too hard? His song sounds like it could be an ELO outtake circa 1978.

with a bit of Queen thrown in (I detected a bit of melody line from "Bicycle Race")
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 06, 2009, 07:54:51 AM »
Ben Fong-Torres stopped by the Morning Show to plug his Chinese New Year Parade gig.  And suddenly he stopped in the middle of a sentence and said "wait a minute ... why does Dave Morey look so different?"
And Irish Greg, not missing a beat, said "Dave always takes the Year of the Ox off".

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 06, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
Ben Fong-Torres stopped by the Morning Show to plug his Chinese New Year Parade gig.  And suddenly he stopped in the middle of a sentence and said "wait a minute ... why does Dave Morey look so different?"
And Irish Greg, not missing a beat, said "Dave always takes the Year of the Ox off".

LQTM.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 06, 2009, 11:28:58 AM »

LQTM.

me too.

I like Greg.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 11, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
anyone else hear the 9:00 Pop Quiz today?  For Coldplay tix, so they had a snippet from 60 Minutes last Sunday where the interviewer said that not only does Chirs Martin get a lot of pub because of CP, but "he's also married to one of the world's most beautiful women."

So the quiz was, they gave you a movie character/role, you name the beautiful woman who played it.  First caller got 'em all right, Audrey H., Julia R., Angelina J., Elizabeth T., etc.  Then Peter asked the caller, "Who do you think is the most beautiful woman in the world?"

In my car I start chanting, "Scarlett, Scarlett..."

And the caller waits about 3 beats and says "Scarlett Johansson." 

And they all agree.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:06 AM »
anyone else hear the 9:00 Pop Quiz today?  For Coldplay tix, so they had a snippet from 60 Minutes last Sunday where the interviewer said that not only does Chirs Martin get a lot of pub because of CP, but "he's also married to one of the world's most beautiful women."

So the quiz was, they gave you a movie character/role, you name the beautiful woman who played it.  First caller got 'em all right, Audrey H., Julia R., Angelina J., Elizabeth T., etc.  Then Peter asked the caller, "Who do you think is the most beautiful woman in the world?"

And they all agree.

she's no CZJ.  ;)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »

And they all agree.

she's no CZJ.  ;)

That's the other one I forgot, CZJ. She was the "last one for the win..."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 11, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »
Jeezus, they've already announced the date for Kaboom: Sat May 9th (it's on the website). Earliest it's ever been, iirc.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 11, 2009, 11:44:13 AM »
Jeezus, they've already announced the date for Kaboom: Sat May 9th (it's on the website). Earliest it's ever been, iirc.

That's been up for at least 2 weeks, probably longer.  And I think you're right about this being the earliest, though I think once it was also the 2nd Sat, but the date was more like the 12th.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 11, 2009, 11:47:57 AM »

That's been up for at least 2 weeks, probably longer.  And I think you're right about this being the earliest, though I think once it was also the 2nd Sat, but the date was more like the 12th.

At least it's not up against a Giants game this year. Talk about your transit nightmares.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 11, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »

That's been up for at least 2 weeks, probably longer. 

Ha! Shows you how often I actually look at the KFOG home page. But I haven't heard it mentioned on-air, either, and it used to be a "big announcement".

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 11, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »

Ha! Shows you how often I actually look at the KFOG home page. But I haven't heard it mentioned on-air, either, and it used to be a "big announcement".

Maybe that means that only Dave really liked it?  Or that Webster isn't going to be here that long? 

Actually I'm not down on Webster any more.  After I found out he was a big ELP fan I sorta got used to him.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1122 on: February 11, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »

Maybe that means that only Dave really liked it?  Or that Webster isn't going to be here that long? 

Actually I'm not down on Webster any more.  After I found out he was a big ELP fan I sorta got used to him.
another nail in his coffin for me!
 ;)
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 11, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »

And they all agree.

she's no CZJ.  ;)

That's the other one I forgot, CZJ. She was the "last one for the win..."

I have a bartender friend here in Midtown who looks considerably like Scarlett J.  If any of you come to visit I'll be sure to introduce you.  She's been lending me books (latest: Toby Young's "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People," a memoir about how he fucked up his job at Vanity Fair).
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 11, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »
Toby Young's "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People," a memoir about how he fucked up his job at Vanity Fair).

Is that any good? it was recently made into a movie with Simon Pegg that got some horrendous reviews and made about a buck-and-a-half, box-office-wise.