Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096612 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1050 on: December 19, 2008, 09:39:18 AM »
the player on KFOG's pages requires that Mac users use the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.  which requires fan upgrade to my OSX... dang.

They're not just picking on Mac users--I've got a PC and it hit me with that requirement too. I passed (at least for now).

i bypassed, too, by clicking the "use the old player" link at the bottom of the download silverlight window.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 19, 2008, 09:41:12 AM »
nice segment with "the big boss" Tony Salvatore, and Dave's playing Robert John's "Sad Eyes" for him -- he's been trying to get Dave to play it on 10@10 forever, apparently (which shows once again that NOBODY tells Dave what to play).

I think I have "Sad Eyes" on a 10@10 cassette from years ago...I'll have to check when I get back to Madrid.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 19, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »
Renee's tearing up -- and the last Sleeptrain commercial, with the lo-o-o-o-o-ng version of the train whistle -- were fine moments...
~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 19, 2008, 09:49:06 AM »
Renee's tearing up -- and the last Sleeptrain commercial, with the lo-o-o-o-o-ng version of the train whistle -- were fine moments...

And didja catch the extra reverb on the whistle? Nice.

On the other hand, after Rosalie plays such a sweet song for Dave a little bit ago, what does Renee play? AC/DC. 

Wow, Lucinda Williams? Have they played her on the Morning show since Car Wheels on a Gravel Road was out?
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 19, 2008, 09:50:13 AM »
and now we're getting Greg Kihn -- will *he* make an appearance (by phone)??

Okay, so I was parking my car int eh underground garage as Rosalie intro'd her song, and then couldn't get out of the car.  I'd never heard that song before, but now can assure you all it will be played at my memorial.

ETA: that was a 4 tissue song.  totally broke me up.  didn't know I had that in me.

Then he played Greg Kihn, which has always been one of my favorite songs of the late 70's

(Do you remember? Do you surrender? Do you?)

ETA: that was a 2 tissue song.  Maybe I'm coming down with a cold.

Since I work in the south bay I have KUFX on speed dial & have won tix in the past.  I called in and spoke to Chris, told him what Dave was doing & that Dave had often played that song in 10@10 so I knew he liked it. He said he'd talk to Greg about it, but I didn't switch to KFOX to hear if anything else followed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:54:42 AM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 19, 2008, 09:53:11 AM »
So Dave says he's gonna say goodbye and play his final song after 10@10 is done.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 19, 2008, 09:55:37 AM »

Wow, Lucinda Williams? Have they played her on the Morning show since Car Wheels on a Gravel Road was out?

you must not listen much outside of 10@10... that's one of their most overplayed "current" hits of the past 3-4 months.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 19, 2008, 09:57:28 AM »

you must not listen much outside of 10@10... that's one of their most overplayed "current" hits of the past 3-4 months.

Yeah, that's true. I tune in for 10@10 and that's about it, until this week.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 19, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
So Dave says he's gonna say goodbye and play his final song after 10@10 is done.

I've been convinced for days that his last song will be "Hit The Ground Running", which about 5 yrs ago he played in regular rotation & subsequently broke down remembering his lover Mike.  He expressed real surivior guilt & said something to the effect of 'He got it & I didn't - there's no reason I should have been negative.  But I was.'

And only Peter could rise to the occasion, Greg & Renee were sobbing/useless.

So was I.

That & the Luka Bloom song were 2 of the 3 times I have been made to cry by the radio.  And the other was 9/11.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 19, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »
On the other hand, after Rosalie plays such a sweet song for Dave a little bit ago, what does Renee play? AC/DC. 

was trying to find the meaning in her choice.  Could it be that Dave rides a motorcycle and wears leather?  or maybe it's just a honest rocking out song and she's keeping it real? 

Peter's exchange w Dave was nice.  He did rise to the occasion, as shray said.

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 19, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »

was trying to find the meaning in her choice.  Could it be that Dave rides a motorcycle and wears leather?  or maybe it's just a honest rocking out song and she's keeping it real? 

she said she pictured him blasting that song in the car on his way to Michigan.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 19, 2008, 10:19:07 AM »

I've been convinced for days that his last song will be "Hit The Ground Running",

A good driving song.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 19, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »

she said she pictured him blasting that song in the car on his way to Michigan.

I got it at the time.  Perfectly in character with the Renee I know.

This really is a sad year locally though, Dennis Richmond was by far my fave TV anchor, and, to understate the obvious, Dave was my favorite Deejay.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 19, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »

I've been convinced for days that his last song will be "Hit The Ground Running", which about 5 yrs ago he played in regular rotation & subsequently broke down remembering his lover Mike.  He expressed real surivior guilt & said something to the effect of 'He got it & I didn't - there's no reason I should have been negative.  But I was.'

That's another good call--that's one that we know means alot to him

And there's your message Mark--and you got me in there--thanks, bro!

ETA: I remember that episode too--I forget who the guest was that started whatever the discussion that led to his breaking down, but it was by far the most moving thing I've heard him do on the radio. Another reason Dave is one of a kind.

Ah, Fairy Tale of New York. I'm misting up again.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:33:07 AM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 19, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »
"I'll Follow the Sun" would be a perfect sign-off song, but Dave played that yesterday, no?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”