Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096553 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3495 on: August 31, 2015, 09:18:48 AM »
I don't care how much of a "geezer" you are, if you listen to KFOG even casually you ought to know who Ed Sheeran is. Meanwhile, this morning's "hipster" was able to ID David Soul. These kids today...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: August 31, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »
I don't care how much of a "geezer" you are, if you listen to KFOG even casually you ought to know who Ed Sheeran is. Meanwhile, this morning's "hipster" was able to ID David Soul. These kids today...

Nope.  I have no idea who Ed Sheeran is.  A lot of this stuff goes in one ear and right out the other.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: September 07, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »
Finally decided to listen to "Nuthin' But Nineties" for awhile this morning, and it's been mostly standard-issue KFOG playlist staples from that decade. Nirvana, DMB, Sheryl Crow, U2, Lemonheads, Counting Crows, Fastball, the Foos... with the very occasional only-played-on-10@10 nugget like Jamiroquai or the Beasties thrown in for spice.

In other words, any Foghead who says "OMG! I haven't heard this song in ages" this weekend hasn't been paying attention. Didn't see any complimentary comments about this gimmick on the KFOG FB page.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:54:13 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: September 10, 2015, 11:49:01 AM »
Next Tuesday KFOG will be giving away Foo Fighters tix. They're calling it "Foosday Tuesday".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: September 11, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
Next Tuesday KFOG will be giving away Foo Fighters tix. They're calling it "Foosday Tuesday".

And after a big live promo for the aforementioned Foosday, they went to commercial while putting the stream into some a loop of one chord semi-funk that is just repeating over and over and over and over....
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: September 11, 2015, 09:43:34 AM »

And after a big live promo for the aforementioned Foosday, they went to commercial while putting the stream into some a loop of one chord semi-funk that is just repeating over and over and over and over....

Better that than "Budapest" :)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: September 14, 2015, 10:52:57 AM »

Happening again. I guess that means that the Samuel Adams "I love the summer ale!" campaign has finally come to and end, so at least there's that. (Wonder what became of This Day in Rock History though -- those were kind of entertaining.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: September 17, 2015, 09:54:49 AM »
I've never been a big Florence/Machine fan; her voice is just this side of caterwauling to my ears. (Not Bjork-level caterwauling, but still.)  However I do like "Ship to Wreck" and it's a shame it's become one of those every-4-hours KFOG currents.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: September 21, 2015, 08:05:57 AM »
Newest entry in the "OMG I hear ths song every time I turn on KFOG" sweepstakes: DMB "What Would You Say". I say "enuf already".

ETA: Police "Message in a Bottle" is another one.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:49:11 AM by RGMike »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: September 24, 2015, 09:53:19 AM »

Happening again. I guess that means that the Samuel Adams "I love the summer ale!" campaign has finally come to and end, so at least there's that. (Wonder what became of This Day in Rock History though -- those were kind of entertaining.)

Not sure which I am getting more worn out on -- the Imagine Dragons or that damn space-filler music that seems to pop up on the stream at least a couple times an hour for 5 minutes or more at a time. Their sales department is really lagging on finding a new account for that space.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: September 30, 2015, 09:59:58 AM »
Lawd, I am sick of Elle "My daddy is Rob Schneider" King.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: September 30, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »

I dunno - I still find it catchy enough. Granted it gets played too much, but then again it is doing well in various formats.

And the daughter of Schneider sounds nothing like I'd expect. And she doesn't use his name, so you have to give her at least some credit for that. It's not like we're talking about Willow Smith here.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: September 30, 2015, 11:12:26 AM »

I dunno - I still find it catchy enough. Granted it gets played too much, but then again it is doing well in various formats.

And the daughter of Schneider sounds nothing like I'd expect. And she doesn't use his name, so you have to give her at least some credit for that. It's not like we're talking about Willow Smith here.

To my ears it's quite disposable. It's like some producer said "let's find a girl and make her sound like a cross between Lorde, Florence and Adele"

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: September 30, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »

I like the song reasonably well, but it seems to me like she's borrowing heavily from the Amy Winehouse style manual. However, Amy's not using it anymore so someone might as well. And frankly, I'd say being Rob Schneider's offspring might be a handicap, so I give her a bit of credit there too.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: October 01, 2015, 07:51:42 AM »

I like the song reasonably well, but it seems to me like she's borrowing heavily from the Amy Winehouse style manual.

TANC: She was an answer to a Mind the Gap question today -- they played a clip of the song and the "geezer" said "oh... oh... it's that Amy Winehouse soundalike!"