Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096515 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3210 on: February 27, 2014, 09:32:31 AM »
The complete deets: Monday March 10th, Renee and Bill in the Morning, followed by AL with 10@10 and middays.  Gory's last show is 3/7, apparently.

I guess this makes the most sense -- AM Drive is considered a promotion/plum assignment (more $$) and since RR stayed while AL left, she gets to move up.  Not the biggest Renee fan, but she's certainly better than Mr. Liber-tard-ian. (He actually used the tired "there were bad arguments on BOTH sides" chestnut in discussing the Arizona thing this morning. Dude, you suck cock -- literally. wake the fuck up.)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: February 27, 2014, 09:36:56 AM »
The complete deets: Monday March 10th, Renee and Bill in the Morning, followed by AL with 10@10 and middays.  Gory's last show is 3/7, apparently.

I guess this makes the most sense -- AM Drive is considered a promotion/plum assignment (more $$) and since RR stayed while AL left, she gets to move up.  Not the biggest Renee fan, but she's certainly better than Mr. Liber-tard-ian. (He actually used the tired "there were bad arguments on BOTH sides" chestnut in discussing the Arizona thing this morning. Dude, you suck cock -- literally. wake the fuck up.)

Yeah, in the best case scenario given what we've got, it'd be AL/Pugh for the AM, with AL hangingaround for 10@10, followed by RR midday. But I suppose if Renee has an advantage, it would be that she is somewhat perky, so an AM assignment isn't entirely inappropriate for her. Undoubtedly it'll be better than Gory.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: February 27, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »

Yeah, in the best case scenario given what we've got, it'd be AL/Pugh for the AM, with AL hangingaround for 10@10, followed by RR midday. But I suppose if Renee has an advantage, it would be that she is somewhat perky, so an AM assignment isn't entirely inappropriate for her. Undoubtedly it'll be better than Gory.

My thought exactly. She's all bubbly and laughs a lot (can you imagine being stuck in a room with her for 8 hours a day?) so she fits the AM show template. Personally I'm more able to listen from 9am on, so having her on middays suits me just fine.
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: February 27, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »

My thought exactly. She's all bubbly and laughs a lot (can you imagine being stuck in a room with her for 8 hours a day?) so she fits the AM show template. Personally I'm more able to listen from 9am on, so having her on middays suits me just fine.

That, and if she's co-host with Pugh or someone, then we only have to listen to her half the time. ;) (This is one reason why I supported the DC/Renee paring.)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: February 28, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
So, will we get a week-long "Farewell to Gory" love-fest, or will he go quietly? I mean, it's no longer a secret that he's leaving and that AL is coming back.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:31 AM »
So, will we get a week-long "Farewell to Gory" love-fest, or will he go quietly? I mean, it's no longer a secret that he's leaving and that AL is coming back.

They are running some of "the best of Gory" throughout the week; today we got the famous segment where  he let a tarantula crawl on him and he screamed like a girl.

Oddity in the 6:00 hour: one 15-minute music segment began with Rod's "You Wear it Well" and ended with the Dan's "My Old School" -- 2 songs they don't usually play outside of 10@10. Normally if they do play a '70s tune it's something really overexposed like "Killer Queen" or Bowie's "Changes"

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: March 06, 2014, 03:06:55 PM »
While her show was ending today, Renee mentioned that there was a problem with the signal at 97.7. She told listeners to tune in at 104.5 or online in the meantime.
Tuned to a natural E

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: March 06, 2014, 04:26:37 PM »
"the best of Gory"

In other words, dead air?  8)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: March 06, 2014, 08:14:45 PM »
"the best of Gory"

In other words, dead air?  8)

"The least worst of Gory"

And BTW, it's official: AL on Facebook has gone back to being "Annalisa kfog"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: March 07, 2014, 09:08:15 AM »
I'm listening to KFOG this morning to hear the last of Gory -- it's radio history, if nothing else -- but man, the station is quite painful for long stretches. This hour I was subjected to Snow Patrol, Counting Crows, Cake, Tracy Chapman... all songs that would be uber-uber-LNs if they showed up on 10@10 (which they often do). Blorf. And after i praised them yesterday for fishing out "My old School" and "You Wear it well", this hour's token '70s track was... "Love is the Drug".

Also heard the Friday "Cork Dork" feature for the first time, which is (a) sponsored by BevMo (duh!) and (b) features a diff winery each week -- who I'm sure also pay for the exposure.  Ah, commerce!

ETA: I do like this new Ray LaMontaigne song, tho'.

And I have to say that Gory's farewell speech was rather nicely done.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:59:16 AM by RGMike »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: March 07, 2014, 10:02:05 AM »
I'm listening to KFOG this morning to hear the last of Gory -- it's radio history, if nothing else -- but man, the station is quite painful for long stretches. This hour I was subjected to Snow Patrol, Counting Crows, Cake, Tracy Chapman... all songs that would be uber-uber-LNs if they showed up on 10@10 (which they often do). Blorf. And after i praised them yesterday for fishing out "My old School" and "You Wear it well", this hour's token '70s track was... "Love is the Drug".

Also heard the Friday "Cork Dork" feature for the first time, which is (a) sponsored by BevMo (duh!) and (b) features a diff winery each week -- who I'm sure also pay for the exposure.  Ah, commerce!

ETA: I do like this new Ray LaMontaigne song, tho'.

And I have to say that Gory's farewell speech was rather nicely done.

Tuned in during his thank-yous to every living soul on the KFOG staff. By the end I was wishing someone would cue the orchestra and get him off the stage. (Although it is nice that KFOG management gave him the chance to do a goodbye, rather than just going off as if it were another day.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: March 10, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
Well, heard the first hour of Renee in the Morning. Mild surprise: she did news headlines at 6am.  And Mr Pugh was nowhere to be heard (maybe he drops by later?).  Mud, who is still the producer, was also not heard.  Apparently the 9 0'clock pop quiz is returning.  In all, a very no-frills presentation.

ETA: good gawd, how many times a week do they play Weezer's "Island in the Sun"?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:41:44 AM by RGMike »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: March 10, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »
Just looked at the KFOG site, and notice that while Annalisa is repped well around the site, the "on air now" bug at the top of the page still thinks Renee is doing middays.
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: March 11, 2014, 07:46:22 AM »
Listened to the morning show for about five minutes today. It was good to hear the news headlines. However, Renee did pose the question "Does anybody even use a clock radio. I dunno".

Well, I know of at least one person who does. Me. Clock radios work just fine for what they are supposed to do, thank you very much. This blanket dismissal of slightly dated technology really pisses me off. And you know Renee, you do work in the radio business. Don't shit all over it, it's just common sense.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: March 11, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »
Listened to the morning show for about five minutes today. It was good to hear the news headlines. However, Renee did pose the question "Does anybody even use a clock radio. I dunno".

Well, I know of at least one person who does. Me. Clock radios work just fine for what they are supposed to do, thank you very much. This blanket dismissal of slightly dated technology really pisses me off. And you know Renee, you do work in the radio business. Don't shit all over it, it's just common sense.

Since you posted this at 6:45 am I have to assume you were listening at a relatively early hour. I gotta wonder what percentage of the KFOG audience at that exact moment was listening via clock radios. 50? 60? More?
Let's get right to it.