Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096561 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3045 on: May 21, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »

And what do we know about Pugh? Where's he from, what's his background?

Bill Pugh was most recently in San Diego.  His background looks like a lot of sports radio.  Hope this doesn't mean The Game 104.5/97.7.  :-\

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bill-pugh/a/115/9a

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 21, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »

And what do we know about Pugh? Where's he from, what's his background?

Bill Pugh was most recently in San Diego.  His background looks like a lot of sports radio.  Hope this doesn't mean The Game 104.5/97.7.  :-\

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bill-pugh/a/115/9a

Hee. The Game (95.7) is owned by Entercom and is doing poorly.  There will come a day when KNBR will want an FM simulcast but not yet, IMHO.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 21, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
On the schedule, it simply says "KFOG Music" from 3-7 PM...same thing that it says for 12:30-5 AM.

http://www.kfog.com/common/more.php?m=10&mode=schedule&r=1

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: May 21, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »
The FB feed on my phone just pulled up a post that reads "Annalisa Kfox added work to her timeline" and the link that's posted is for The Bone. But I can't click through to it, and there's nothing on her FB page that backs this up.  So wtf? A misfired post? Hacked account? Wishful thinking?

Btw, I took a look at the KFOG site and it seems that all evidence of DC has been scrubbed. And Rockwell has gone bye-bye, too. Dred is now on from 7 until midnight (or was that always his shift?) and everything else seems unchanged, save for the "KFOG music" in the afternoon drive slot that radical pointed out.

ETA: Dug a little deeper on AL's page and if you go to her "About" page, then hit "see all employers" down at the bottom of the list, with no dates, is The Bone. So...did she work her regular shift(s) today?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:22:22 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 21, 2013, 02:06:54 PM »
Rockwell is still on the schedule as a weekend guy but he does not have a bio.

DRED is on air at 3:00!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:04:40 PM by radical347 »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: May 21, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »
The FB feed on my phone just pulled up a post that reads "Annalisa Kfox added work to her timeline" and the link that's posted is for The Bone. But I can't click through to it, and there's nothing on her FB page that backs this up.  So wtf? A misfired post? Hacked account? Wishful thinking?

ETA: Dug a little deeper on AL's page and if you go to her "About" page, then hit "see all employers" down at the bottom of the list, with no dates, is The Bone. So...did she work her regular shift(s) today?

that's weird. I assume you're talking about her "Annalisa KFOX" page and not the page with her real name (which i won't post here).  This was mentioned on the Gsnipes page too. Assuming it's true, I'm guessing KFOG is about to go really "young" (or else become "NASH Country") and 10@10 will move to the Bone and cover roughly '67-'89.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: May 21, 2013, 03:06:47 PM »

DRED is on air at 3:00!

"Dred of... Twilight?"  Good move, clearly you gotta have a DJ in PM drive.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 21, 2013, 03:40:29 PM »

that's weird. I assume you're talking about her "Annalisa KFOX" page and not the page with her real name (which i won't post here).  This was mentioned on the Gsnipes page too. Assuming it's true, I'm guessing KFOG is about to go really "young" (or else become "NASH Country") and 10@10 will move to the Bone and cover roughly '67-'89.

If she's putting it on her public page, it can't be too far from becoming a reality. And if that's the case I would almost expect her to disappear from KFOX soon if not immediately.

Hmmm. Which of those would be likely to pull better numbers than what KFOG is currently getting? 'Cause my impression that The Bone's 107.9 was more the second-string frequency, not as desirable as 104.5 or 97.7.  It will be really interesting to see how this plays out.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:43:13 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: May 21, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »

If she's putting it on her public page, it can't be too far from becoming a reality. And if that's the case I would almost expect her to disappear from KFOX soon if not immediately.

Hmmm. Which of those would be likely to pull better numbers than what KFOG is currently getting? 'Cause my impression that The Bone's 107.9 was more the second-string frequency, not as desirable as 104.5 or 97.7.  It will be really interesting to see how this plays out.

Update: AL is still posting as "Annalisa KFOX" as of 40 minutes ago so I suspect that Bone thing is meaningless. Leaving KFOX after less than 9 months doesn't really make sense, to be honest. Cumulus would have to buy out Entercom for her contract, so... doubtful.  But I've been wrong before.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: May 22, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »

Update: AL is still posting as "Annalisa KFOX" as of 40 minutes ago so I suspect that Bone thing is meaningless. Leaving KFOX after less than 9 months doesn't really make sense, to be honest. Cumulus would have to buy out Entercom for her contract, so... doubtful.  But I've been wrong before.

Annalisa posted the following in the gs thread:

pssst...this just happened to pop up in my feed-no time to read all thread now, but a quick answer...you know what that was? a stupid Facebook glitch. There's some prompt that just started showing up, showing "so & so says they worked w/you..." one worked at cumulus for the bone --I had no idea that would show up-until i saw Fred's WTH (heck;) comment ...yes, another week for the radio records book of SF, but no news on my end. Just hoping for best for all.Hope to catch up proper sometime soon, too. take good care of your good selves. x
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:27 AM »

pssst...this just happened to pop up in my feed-no time to read all thread now, but a quick answer...you know what that was? a stupid Facebook glitch. There's some prompt that just started showing up, showing "so & so says they worked w/you..." one worked at cumulus for the bone --I had no idea that would show up-until i saw Fred's WTH (heck;) comment ...yes, another week for the radio records book of SF, but no news on my end. Just hoping for best for all.Hope to catch up proper sometime soon, too. take good care of your good selves. x

She really is our Radio Sweetheart. (Seriously, would RR go out of her way to explain a FB glitch?). Love her.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: May 22, 2013, 09:59:06 AM »

She really is our Radio Sweetheart. (Seriously, would RR go out of her way to explain a FB glitch?). Love her.

Talk about effective damage control. She bangs out a quick couple of hundred words, tells us what really happened, and any controversy is resolved and everyone feels all warm and fuzzy (except maybe Dennis). No, Renee would not have taken that path. She'd get all pissy and defensive. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:01:01 AM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 22, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »
What?

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/118591/bill-pugh-named-om-for-kfog-and-ksan-pd-for-kfog

I was looking up some info about Constantine, and it turns out he has been in the business for almost 50 years and is pushing 70. I never would have guessed that.

Seriously? I'd have guessed late 50s or maybe 60ish at the most.

Anyway, we'll have to tune in and see what comes of all this. At this point, two PDs removed from the Salvatore/Morey era, I'm not sure even 10@10 would be considered sacred anymore.

DC used to have a blog ( http://www.blogger.com/profile/02212240391531157811 ) and indeed as of 2008 or thereabouts he said he'd been in radio for "over 44 years". So even if he started as an 18-year-old, that would put him in his late 60s. Wow. I cannot even imaging pretending to like Foster then people or Florence & the Machine at age 68, much less actually being into them.

Scanning thru DC's blog, I found a post that made reference to him having been 19 in the summer of 1967, which would make him around 65 this year. If he's been in radio for nearly 50 years, he must have started in high school.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: May 22, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
ote]

Scanning thru DC's blog, I found a post that made reference to him having been 19 in the summer of 1967, which would make him around 65 this year. If he's been in radio for nearly 50 years, he must have started in high school.

Well, that makes sense. Still even 65 is pretty old to be programming a station that your corporate overlords want to appeal to young'uns.  Of course, Mr Pugh is no kid either. Which is why I fear a major change is in the offing.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 24, 2013, 05:50:06 PM »
I'm guessing KFOG is about to go really "young" (or else become "NASH Country") and 10@10 will move to the Bone and cover roughly '67-'89.

TANC: KFOG is not named in this article, and I'm not saying it will happen, but apparently Cumulus is going national with NASH. 

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/118749/cumulus-takes-nash-fm-national-country-brand-launc?ref=mail_news
Let's get right to it.