Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096518 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2670 on: March 05, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »
However old Crampton is, the show is so different, a.k.a. awesome, as opposed to than the rest of KFOG's schedule, I may have to start recording it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: March 06, 2012, 08:03:17 AM »
Cumulus starting it's own nationwide traffic service -- cheaper than paying Shadow or whoever they use now, I guess

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/103149/cumulus-media-and-radiate-media-launching-nationwi
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: March 07, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
In case you missed this Ben Fong-Torres SFGate piece on the Triple-A radio conference that featured everyone's fave KFOG whipping boy PD:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2012%2F03%2F04%2FPK801NAQG1.DTL

Looks like Ben F-T is back in DC's good graces.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: March 12, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
However old Crampton is, the show is so different, a.k.a. awesome, as opposed to than the rest of KFOG's schedule, I may have to start recording it.

Listened to the first 2 hours of "Lost & Found" last nite and it was indeed very impressive. Mid-'70s Bonnie Raitt ("Blowing Away" from the wonderful Home Plate LP) and OMFG the Carpenters "Goodbye to Love" were standouts. And more I've-never-heard-of-this-artist tracks than you can shake an iPod at. I do kinda wonder when he sleeps if he's listening to so many albums all the time.

And yes: "I'm 27" is apparently a running joke with him.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: March 18, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »
"wait... did you hear that??"

Mr Crampton just played Robbie Robertson's "Somewhere Down the Crazy River", which given its frequent-flier status on 10@10 doesn't seem very "lost" to me. And he's just confessed his love for Ingrid Michaelson, so I guess he he's never heard the word "Feistalike".

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2675 on: March 18, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »

Mr Crampton just played Robbie Robertson's "Somewhere Down the Crazy River", which given its frequent-flier status on 10@10 doesn't seem very "lost" to me. And he's just confessed his love for Ingrid Michaelson, so I guess he he's never heard the word "Feistalike".
Would you say it gets much play outside the 10@10 biosphere?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: March 19, 2012, 07:41:29 AM »

Would you say it gets much play outside the 10@10 biosphere?

I think it shows up in regular KFOG rotay occasionally.

Much as I enjoyed last week's "Lost & Found", I barely made it thru the first hour last nite -- he followed Ingrid Feistalikeson with Lana del Rey and Bjork and I was outta there.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: March 19, 2012, 08:02:23 AM »
Yes, it was weird to hear "Somewhere Down The Crazy River" on the show, but I think Gould may be correct that it's essentially lost outside the 10@10 context.

Frankly, I enjoy Ingrid and Lana and all of the "Feistalikes", so that didn't bother me. YMMV.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: March 19, 2012, 08:27:21 AM »
"Guest DJ" on this morning's show: Former KSFO hate-mongerer Melanie Morgan. Gee, what a shame I had to miss it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: March 19, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »
"Guest DJ" on this morning's show: Former KSFO hate-mongerer Melanie Morgan. Gee, what a shame I had to miss it.

Er, I think you mis-heard.  "Melody" something (one of the women who auditioned for the Renee/Peter slot), is subbing for Irish Greg. (she was the least-talented of the 4 auditionees in December)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: March 19, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »

Er, I think you mis-heard.  "Melody" something (one of the women who auditioned for the Renee/Peter slot), is subbing for Irish Greg. (she was the least-talented of the 4 auditionees in December)

Too close for comfort... she mentioned she lived in Marin (as did/does Melanie). I should have known better - she just seemed too nice to have been Melanie. Thanks for the catch.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: March 21, 2012, 08:51:33 AM »
It seems her name is Melody Walker.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: March 23, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
KFOG continues its assault on Live 105 by picking up the latest from Neon Trees & Foo Fighters, as well as the new Imagine Dragons.  The only one of those that is even anywhere near the AAA chart is Imagine Dragons, last week at #34.

This week KFOG has in rotation all of the AAA Top 30, except for:
Ryan Adams (#18)
Ingrid Michaelson :o (#24)
Jason Mraz :o (#25)
Counting Crows :o (#26)
Red Hot Chili Peppers :o (#27)
Feist :o (#30)

I'm surprised, but not complaining, that they added lower position bands such as Delta Spirit, Bon Iver, Young the Giant, Imagine Dragons instead of 24-27.  But it's time for a new Feist song rather than "How Come You Never Go There."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:20:16 PM by radical347 »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: March 23, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »
KFOG continues its assault on Live 105 by picking up the latest from Neon Trees & Foo Fighters, as well as the new Imagine Dragons.  The only one of those that is even anywhere near the AAA chart is Imagine Dragons, last week at #34.

This week KFOG has in rotation all of the AAA Top 30, except for:
Ryan Adams (#18)
Ingrid Michaelson :o (#24)
Jason Mraz :o (#25)
Counting Crows :o (#26)
Red Hot Chili Peppers :o (#27)
Feist :o (#30)

I'm surprised, but not complaining, that they added lower position bands such as Delta Spirit, Bon Iver, Young the Giant, Imagine Dragons instead of 24-27.  But it's time for a new Feist song rather than "How Come You Never Go There."

It's never time for a new Feist song  ;)

I'm curious as to why that Colbie Caillat "Brighter Than the Sun" song was not a big Triple-A hit (or was it just KFOG that ignored it?).

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: March 28, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »
as just noted on FB: they played that "digging deep into the KFOG music library" promo to intro... "Drive-By". I swear to gawd.  Un-fucking-believeable.