Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096561 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2505 on: November 17, 2011, 10:09:21 PM »
  2 or 3 weeks ago, they played the wrong version of Smoke Two Joints, and the DJ (DC?) made some comment about what a mistake he made, and the fogheads let him know, and he wouldn't do it again!

and what exactly is the "wrong" version -- Sublime's?  ;)  Seriously, how would it even be possible to play the "wrong" version?  They surely only have 2 versions in their database.

Yes, I'm telling you exactly that.  You might not feel the same way, but it's tradition!

Actually, I'm impressed -- I think Sublime's version is worthless (like the band itself) but I had assumed the "new" KFOG was alternating both versions. The "kids" are supposed to like Sublime, no? Anyway, if Fogheads actually complained about the Sublime version, more power to 'em. Too bad DC doesn't respond that quickly to complaints about, um... EVERYTHING ELSE.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: November 17, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
  2 or 3 weeks ago, they played the wrong version of Smoke Two Joints, and the DJ (DC?) made some comment about what a mistake he made, and the fogheads let him know, and he wouldn't do it again!

and what exactly is the "wrong" version -- Sublime's?  ;)  Seriously, how would it even be possible to play the "wrong" version?  They surely only have 2 versions in their database.

Yes, I'm telling you exactly that.  You might not feel the same way, but it's tradition!

Actually, I'm impressed -- I think Sublime's version is worthless (like the band itself) but I had assumed the "new" KFOG was alternating both versions. The "kids" are supposed to like Sublime, no? Anyway, if Fogheads actually complained about the Sublime version, more power to 'em. Too bad DC doesn't respond that quickly to complaints about, um... EVERYTHING ELSE.

This kid would be okay never hearing Sublime ever again.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Peter Finch is leaving KFOG
« Reply #2507 on: November 18, 2011, 06:40:55 AM »
after 18-ish years, cites 'opportunities,' said it was his choice.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Finch is leaving KFOG
« Reply #2508 on: November 18, 2011, 07:01:12 AM »

Uh-huh. Lots of code in his conversation with Dave Morey.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: November 18, 2011, 07:17:29 AM »

missed  it -- please expound!  But yeah, I thought that "It's my choice" thing was BS.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: November 18, 2011, 08:10:44 AM »

missed  it -- please expound!  But yeah, I thought that "It's my choice" thing was BS.

Effective when?   Did he give a two week notice?   (or rather, was he GIVEN a two week notice?)   The fabric of the morning show will certainly be different, no more lovable goofball antics from that cuddly lumbering guy.

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »

Effective when?   Did he give a two week notice?   (or rather, was he GIVEN a two week notice?)   The fabric of the morning show will certainly be different, no more lovable goofball antics from that cuddly lumbering guy.

Today is his last day. He's written another play and will be working with Killing My Lobster, he said.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: November 18, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »

Today is his last day. He's written another play and will be working with Killing My Lobster, he said.
Instant departure. Hmmmmmmmmm. If Renee moves to afternoon fully leaving the am shift, it'll be a new show. Hell, I gave KFOG my morning show notice a long time ago and it was no 2-week thing either.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: November 18, 2011, 09:48:10 AM »

Instant departure. Hmmmmmmmmm. If Renee moves to afternoon fully leaving the am shift, it'll be a new show. Hell, I gave KFOG my morning show notice a long time ago and it was no 2-week thing either.

Well, you can say goodbye to Peter at the Hyatt tonite for the tree-lighting.  ;)  Nice farewell words from DC on the radio as I type. And of course they played his fave band, the BNLs..

I'm guessing Renee continues to do double-duty as the "news person" and they use Metro traffic, which is cheaper than hiring somebody new.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:55:08 AM by RGMike »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: November 18, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
Just saw a post on the KFOG FB page saying it's the end of an era and wishing Peter the best in future endeavors.  WTF?!?! Is he going of his own accord, or is he being downsized?
Eta:  OK, just saw all yer posts on the subject. For some reason the didn't show up as unread content.  Whatev. I thought it was odd not to have any comment on such a momentous change. So what's this about a convo with DM? Details, pls.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:21:29 AM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: November 18, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »
Just saw a post on the KFOG FB page saying it's the end of an era and wishing Peter the best in future endeavors.  WTF?!?! Is he going of his own accord, or is he being downsized?
Eta:  OK, just saw all yer posts on the subject. For some reason the didn't show up as unread content.  Whatev. I thought it was odd not to have any comment on such a momentous change. So what's this about a convo with DM? Details, pls.

Well, he essentially said "I'll talk more, but off the phone".

I wonder how DM found out? From this thread perhaps?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: November 18, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »
Just saw a post on the KFOG FB page saying it's the end of an era and wishing Peter the best in future endeavors.  WTF?!?! Is he going of his own accord, or is he being downsized?

Well, he essentially said "I'll talk more, but off the phone".

I wonder how DM found out? From this thread perhaps?

I'm sure that phone call was arranged in advance, bub. More of the ongoing "See? we're still KFOG! (Except when we're not)"  meme.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: November 21, 2011, 09:19:27 AM »
Went to the KFOG "Airstaff" page to see if they'd removed Peter yet (he's still there)

http://www.kfog.com/Programming/Airstaff.aspx

But was surprised to see that Dred, who I assumed was quite young, looks older than I expected (he looks a bit like Joe Flaherty of SCTV) and Rockwell, who I assumed was older, looks younger than I'd thought.

DC looks like a vice-principal.

Meanwhile, that new Decemberists song is very REM.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:53:54 AM by RGMike »

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: November 21, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
Went to the KFOG "Airstaff" page to see if they'd removed Peter yet (he's still there)

http://www.kfog.com/Programming/Airstaff.aspx

But was surprised to see that Dred, who I assumed was quite young, looks older than I expected (he looks a bit like Joe Flaherty of SCTV) and Rockwell, who I assumed was older, looks younger than I'd thought.

DC looks like a vice-principal.

LOL @ DC.  So true.  I would've thought Dred was younger too, except that he keeps on mentioning about how it's great to be back at KFOG -- I looked it up and it turns out he was last there 1990-1993  :o

Probably because it features Peter Buck! (As does "Down by the Water.")
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:21:56 PM by radical347 »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 21, 2011, 11:58:34 PM »

Probably because it features Peter Buck! (As does "Down by the Water.")

The Portland connection strikes again.
Let's get right to it.