Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096518 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2475 on: October 30, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
Alicat, I'm just a couple of towns north of PA. What time on Nov. 5? And, since I've just heard of this appearance, I've no idea which Peets it would be.
I am a few towns north of PA too.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 31, 2011, 08:22:06 AM »
Another odd change as of this AM: we're no longer getting traditional newscasts every half hour; instead Webster chats with Peter and they casuallly and conversationally mention one or 2 stories ("Hey, how 'bout that guy who was attacked by a shark yesterday?") Twentysomethings don't care about the stock market... or Europe... or sports, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:25:22 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 31, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
Alicat, I'm just a couple of towns north of PA. What time on Nov. 5? And, since I've just heard of this appearance, I've no idea which Peets it would be.
I FB messaged Annalisa, and as of Saturday, she didn't know which Peet's or what time either.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:57 AM »
sorry if I seem to be picking every little nit (hey, It's what I *do*), but "Mr Announcer Guy's" sounders/positioners seem to be making a comeback, mixed in with that guy who sounds like he's 19. DC just can't make up his mind, I guess. They played "Lay lady lay" in the 6:00 hour, which was a mild surprise.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 02, 2011, 03:38:13 PM »
I FB messaged Annalisa, and as of Saturday, she didn't know which Peet's or what time either.
10-noon   77 Town and Country
I am going.
Sharks bleed teal.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 02, 2011, 04:09:11 PM »
10-noon   77 Town and Country
I am going.
Me, too!
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 02, 2011, 04:37:08 PM »
Another odd change as of this AM: we're no longer getting traditional newscasts every half hour; instead Webster chats with Peter and they casuallly and conversationally mention one or 2 stories ("Hey, how 'bout that guy who was attacked by a shark yesterday?") Twentysomethings don't care about the stock market... or Europe... or sports, I guess.

that sucks. I was no fan of their news "coverage" -- I think Peter basically scans the "real" news pages of sfgate, Bay Citizen, and maybe the Ex and make a couple notes -- but that's just lame. 

he should get out there and do more of those Fog Files.   "I'm Peter Finch with ..(pause).. the Fog Files."

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 02, 2011, 08:41:33 PM »

that sucks. I was no fan of their news "coverage" -- I think Peter basically scans the "real" news pages of sfgate, Bay Citizen, and maybe the Ex and make a couple notes -- but that's just lame. 

he should get out there and do more of those Fog Files.   "I'm Peter Finch with ..(pause).. the Fog Files."

I'm not near a radio in the PM drive but I'm assuming this "style" of news is what Renee is doing on DC's show, so they're just probably trying to get everything to match up. But it just so smacks of "younger demos don't care about _______ so let's not do that". In the last couple months Peter had been really pounding the Dow Jones thing -- actually doing a "the market will probably go up/down when it opens" story at 5:30 and 6am. Since this change happened I don't think he's mentioned stocks once.

Do they still do the Fog Files?  It used to appear a bunch of times each week and at fairly visible times of day. (I remember because he once interviewed me and they did a nice piece on Regular Guys, at Dave's suggestion)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 02, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »

I'm not near a radio in the PM drive but I'm assuming this "style" of news is what Renee is doing on DC's show, so they're just probably trying to get everything to match up. But it just so smacks of "younger demos don't care about _______ so let's not do that". In the last couple months Peter had been really pounding the Dow Jones thing -- actually doing a "the market will probably go up/down when it opens" story at 5:30 and 6am. Since this change happened I don't think he's mentioned stocks once.

Do they still do the Fog Files?  It used to appear a bunch of times each week and at fairly visible times of day. (I remember because he once interviewed me and they did a nice piece on Regular Guys, at Dave's suggestion)

I have not heard the Fog Files in a while, and that's too bad. It was unique and did a lot to give Peter's job as News Director (or whatever he is) some cred.   It did a lot to set the station apart.  Even when they played the same FF time and time again, it was good to hear.

But if they spiked it, it's not surprising: it's expensive to do enterprise reporting.  People think papers like the Chronicle can just go away and the "no matter, we'll get our news elsewhere." 

Really? from what?  Blogs?  You got to pay for that stuff, bros. 
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 05, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »
eeek: turned on KFOG and DC is sitting in for Rosalie, who's in S. Africa on her World Class Adventure that isn't called a "World Class Adventure" anymore.  But tomorrow AL gets to do Acoustic Sunrise.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 05, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »
In the last couple months Peter had been really pounding the Dow Jones thing -- actually doing a "the market will probably go up/down when it opens" story at 5:30 and 6am. Since this change happened I don't think he's mentioned stocks once.

To me this is a welcome change.  I'd gotten so sick of hearing the Dow Jones go up and down by a few hundred every half hour and the DJs (or news feeds) scrambling for reasons that may or may not be correct on why this was.  The only people who updates like this benefits are daytraders and that's not what we need.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 05, 2011, 12:59:19 PM »
In the last couple months Peter had been really pounding the Dow Jones thing -- actually doing a "the market will probably go up/down when it opens" story at 5:30 and 6am. Since this change happened I don't think he's mentioned stocks once.

To me this is a welcome change.  I'd gotten so sick of hearing the Dow Jones go up and down by a few hundred every half hour and the DJs (or news feeds) scrambling for reasons that may or may not be correct on why this was.  The only people who updates like this benefits are daytraders and that's not what we need.

Amen, brother.  Preach!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 05, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »

Peter was definitely overdoing it, but ignoring it entirely (along with much international news, generally) seems to be an extreme swing in the other direction. I'd've loved to have been a fly on the wall at the focus groups that inspired some of his "improvements".

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 07, 2011, 08:16:31 AM »

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 07, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »

he should get out there and do more of those Fog Files.   "I'm Peter Finch with ..(pause).. the Fog Files."

Do they still do the Fog Files?  It used to appear a bunch of times each week and at fairly visible times of day. (I remember because he once interviewed me and they did a nice piece on Regular Guys, at Dave's suggestion)

I have not heard the Fog Files in a while, and that's too bad. It was unique and did a lot to give Peter's job as News Director (or whatever he is) some cred.   It did a lot to set the station apart.  Even when they played the same FF time and time again, it was good to hear.

But if they spiked it, it's not surprising: it's expensive to do enterprise reporting.  People think papers like the Chronicle can just go away and the "no matter, we'll get our news elsewhere."  

Really? from what?  Blogs?  You got to pay for that stuff, bros.  
This brings back fond memories of Scoop Nisker (sp?) and M. Dung.
Sharks bleed teal.