Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096562 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2445 on: October 20, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »
and speaking of rumbling: tonites Dred "Connected" theme is DRUMS -- meaning songs with "drum" in the title, not drum solos.

Please: no Todd.  Is it too early for Joan Jett's version of "Little Drummer Boy"?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »
and speaking of rumbling: tonites Dred "Connected" theme is DRUMS -- meaning songs with "drum" in the title, not drum solos.

Please: no Todd.  Is it too early for Joan Jett's version of "Little Drummer Boy"?

Heavy Metal Drummer - Wilco
Different Drum - Michael Nesmith

Anyone?  Anyone?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: October 20, 2011, 04:45:45 PM »

Anyone?  Anyone?

Let There Be Drums - Sandy Nelson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9okWm8A6o
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: October 20, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »

Anyone?  Anyone?

Let There Be Drums - Sandy Nelson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9okWm8A6o

"Drum Solo" by Neil Peart. 

Any one will do.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: October 21, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »
Just checked kfog.com and found the LFTA 18 Tracklisting up.  I'm surprised there wasn't more fanfare; I haven't heard a single thing about the tracklisting on the radio.

I heard a promo on the Morning Show yesterday but they're not really beating it into people's skulls. It goes on sale Tues 11/1 -- I wonder if they'll do the usual airstaff-makes-live-appearances-at-various-Peets-outlets thing or if DC has a diff gameplan.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: October 21, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »
Just checked kfog.com and found the LFTA 18 Tracklisting up.  I'm surprised there wasn't more fanfare; I haven't heard a single thing about the tracklisting on the radio.

I heard a promo on the Morning Show yesterday but they're not really beating it into people's skulls. It goes on sale Tues 11/1 -- I wonder if they'll do the usual airstaff-makes-live-appearances-at-various-Peets-outlets thing or if DC has a diff gameplan.

Just no LFTA 10@10 please.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: October 21, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
Dred sez: in honor of the Bridge School Benefit this weekend, tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... SCHOOL

The Smiths - The Headmaster Ritual
Same old joke since 1902.  

ETA:  Here it is!  I officially luv Dred.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:04:03 PM by sundaygal »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 21, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »
Dred sez: in honor of the Bridge School Benefit this weekend, tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... SCHOOL

Wonder how many fogheads have suggested Steely Dan or Pink Floyd? My suggestion: Schooldays by the Kinks.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: October 21, 2011, 09:29:40 PM »

Wonder how many fogheads have suggested Steely Dan or Pink Floyd? My suggestion: Schooldays by the Kinks.

almost, urth: Dred sez on FB: "I curse you, digital technology! Prevented me from playing an amazing Kinks track on KFOG Connected. Next time, my friends, next time."

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2454 on: October 21, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »

So, my snark meter is a little off.  I imagine the PF you're referring to is Another Brick in the Wall, but not sure about Steely Dan.  I thought My Old School, but don't feel it deserving of scorn.  The Jeff Baxter solo at the end is one of the best.  Is it something else, or do you just dislike the song, or did I totally misunderstand?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: October 22, 2011, 06:12:35 AM »

So, my snark meter is a little off.  I imagine the PF you're referring to is Another Brick in the Wall, but not sure about Steely Dan.  I thought My Old School, but don't feel it deserving of scorn.  The Jeff Baxter solo at the end is one of the best.  Is it something else, or do you just dislike the song, or did I totally misunderstand?

No dislike for either song; just that it's an obvious choice.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 22, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »

No dislike for either song; just that it's an obvious choice.

Indeed, tho' I'd add they're obvious choices for the older-model Foghead; I'm wondering how many of them have abandoned the station in the past 3 months. It seems to me that the voices of callers who play contests on the Morning Show (Request-O-Rama etc) are much younger these days.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: October 22, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »

Just heard Renee explaining what LFTA is for "those of you who are new to KFOG"...

ETA: earlier FB post from Renee: "Renee here, is 'Legend of a Mind' from Moody Blues too trippy for a Saturday at 9am?" I really wish they'd settle on a demographic...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:36:34 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: October 23, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »

Just heard Renee explaining what LFTA is for "those of you who are new to KFOG"...

Latest LFTA news: They're doing a "Live from the Archives" Release Party at Hyatt Regency San Francisco featuring Trevor Hall, Scars On 45 and Big Head Todd.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: October 24, 2011, 11:34:04 AM »
Re: LFTA

I heard the tail end of a promo that mentioned they'd be giving away copies of LFTA before they hit Peets, by being caller 10 when you hear a track off of the new album. Presumably they'll be introducing it with a sounder or somesuch, because how else would you know it's from the new album?