Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096561 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2415 on: October 17, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »
Just checked kfog.com and found the LFTA 18 Tracklisting up.  I'm surprised there wasn't more fanfare; I haven't heard a single thing about the tracklisting on the radio.

http://www.kfog.com/music/LiveFromTheArchives18/tabid/1811/Default.aspx

1. Scars On 45 - "Give Me Something"
Live @ Ex'pression College for Digital Arts 7/12/11

2. Snow Patrol - "Take Back The City"
KFOG PlaySpace 10/6/09

3. The Kooks - "Junk Of The Heart (Happy)"
KFOG PlaySpace 6/21/11

4. Sara Bareilles - "Love Song"
KFOG PlaySpace 7/9/07

5. Matt Nathanson - "Faster"
KFOG PlaySpace 7/5/11

6. Shawn Mullins - "Light You Up"
KFOG PlaySpace 5/29/11

7. KT Tunstall - "Saving My Face"
KFOG PlaySpace 5/7/08

8. The Head And The Heart - "Lost In My Mind"
KFOG PlaySpace 4/27/11

9. Guster - "Amsterdam"
KFOG PlaySpace 9/30/10

10. Imelda May - "Mayhem"
KFOG PlaySpace 8/9/11

11. Big Head Todd And The Monsters - "It's Alright"
KFOG PlaySpace 6/15/11

12. Mat Kearney - "Hey Mama"
KFOG PlaySpace 4/7/11

13. Melissa Etheridge - "Come To My Window"
Live @ KFOG KaBoom 5/22/10

14. Trevor Hall - "Brand New Day"
KFOG PlaySpace 8/2/11

15. David Wilcox - "Crude Greed"
Live on KFOG's Acoustic Sunrise 4/6/11

16. Iron & Wine - "Tree By The River"
KFOG PlaySpace 6/1/11

17. Marc Broussard - "Home"
KFOG PlaySpace 4/8/11

18. The Civil Wars - "Barton Hollow"
KFOG PlaySpace 6/17/11

19. Gomez - "See The World"
KFOG PlaySpace 6/21/11

20. The Swell Season - "Falling Slowly"
Live on the KFOG Morning Show 5/16/07

21. Brett Dennen - "San Francisco"

Meh.   :-\  I was expecting better from DC (really...his KINK Live's were great), but all we have here, besides David Wilcox, are a smattering of the most overplayed singles from last year, the rest overplayed singles from years past.  There's no excuse for Sara Paralysis, Gomez, Marc Broussard & The Swell Season's tracks here because those are old songs that are already on at least half the other station's samplers.  The only ones I'm the least bit excited about are the old-ish singles from Snow Patrol and KT Turnstile (one of her few songs I actually like.)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 17, 2011, 04:28:05 PM »
I really do like this Mayer Hawthorne retro-soul thing "The Walk", tho' if they can play white hipster-doofuses doing this kinda stuff they really oughta play Rafael Saddiq.

After his respectable "Live from the Playspace" broadcast, I posted as much to the FB, to resounding silence. You should also check out this tune, although if you're at work you might want to hide the window, cos it's a little sexxxy!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaFP8DQ5W8

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 17, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »
"Renee Joins Webster for KFOG afternoons!" says the banner on the website -- WTF? She's doing traffic twice a day? They want more women listeners? Wha?

Wouldn't that be a long-ass workday for her?

This morning Webster did the traffic/music news thang on the 5:40 loooong newscast; at first i thought Renee was off but she showed up at 6.  I think she used to come in at 4 (like Peter & Greg)  but that still a lengthy day. Unless they're shopping for a new morning traffic person?   

ETA: AL confirms on FB that Renee is working a split shift: 6-9 with Webster & co and then 4-7 with DC.  Were they using MetroTraffic in the afternoons prior to this? I say bring back Larry "Bubbles" Brown -- he was a hoot doing traffic on Live 105. "Traffic on 101 is moving slower than a PowerBar thru my colon!"

Odder still is that in the afternoons, Renee is doing *news*, not traffic. They're still using MetroTraffic, and she does a little banter with DC and the news. Very weird to hear her in the afternoon.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 17, 2011, 05:38:40 PM »
"Renee Joins Webster for KFOG afternoons!" says the banner on the website -- WTF? She's doing traffic twice a day? They want more women listeners? Wha?

This morning Webster did the traffic/music news thang on the 5:40 loooong newscast; at first i thought Renee was off but she showed up at 6.  I think she used to come in at 4 (like Peter & Greg)  but that still a lengthy day. Unless they're shopping for a new morning traffic person?   

ETA: AL confirms on FB that Renee is working a split shift: 6-9 with Webster & co and then 4-7 with DC.  Were they using MetroTraffic in the afternoons prior to this? I say bring back Larry "Bubbles" Brown -- he was a hoot doing traffic on Live 105. "Traffic on 101 is moving slower than a PowerBar thru my colon!"

Odder still is that in the afternoons, Renee is doing *news*, not traffic. They're still using MetroTraffic, and she does a little banter with DC and the news. Very weird to hear her in the afternoon.

I like Big Rick Stuart's (and The Fox's) philosophy on traffic: it always sucks, so we won't take up airtime telling you the obvious.  If it's REALLY bad, like 100-car pileup, you might hear about it. Otherwise, WGAF?  :)
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 17, 2011, 06:54:24 PM »

I like Big Rick Stuart's (and The Fox's) philosophy on traffic: it always sucks, so we won't take up airtime telling you the obvious.  If it's REALLY bad, like 100-car pileup, you might hear about it. Otherwise, WGAF?  :)

That's a clever way for them to spin the fact that they're saving money by not using a traffic service. ;)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 17, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »

A quick radio-dial survey when I was in the car the other day showed no female voices at that hour, except for the woman on KOIT. So I guess it's a smart move, soccer-mom-wise.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 17, 2011, 10:20:50 PM »

That's a clever way for them to spin the fact that they're saving money by not using a traffic service. ;)

Very true.  Someone's got to pay Greg Kihn's salary!
~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »

Not a bad strategy. Here in the Portland area, I am struck by the fact that, with only occasional exception, the traffic reports at a given time of day are almost identical, day in and day out. So why do they bother, unless something is seriously amiss?

I'm wondering if Renee is not eventually moving to afternoons, and only continues to do the Morning Show until they can find a replacement that meets DC's specifications. The thought of doing a split shift like that (she must still be getting up around 4am if she's on the air at 6) makes me weary just thinking about it.
Let's get right to it.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 18, 2011, 10:02:14 AM »

Not a bad strategy. Here in the Portland area, I am struck by the fact that, with only occasional exception, the traffic reports at a given time of day are almost identical, day in and day out. So why do they bother, unless something is seriously amiss?

I'm wondering if Renee is not eventually moving to afternoons, and only continues to do the Morning Show until they can find a replacement that meets DC's specifications. The thought of doing a split shift like that (she must still be getting up around 4am if she's on the air at 6) makes me weary just thinking about it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Then I took a nap.

And yeah, I remember Big Rick posting that about traffic, and it's true, although growing up with my dad tuned into KCBS/KGO, I'm pretty OCD about traffic reports. Even though they seldom help me when I'm stuck in inevitable gridlock between Milpitas and Union City, I strangely take some comfort in knowing whether it's because of a 100-car pile-up or just the usual slow-and-go.

Actually, I suppose it's most comforting in the morning, hearing how shitty other commutes are, like on the Sunol Grade or in the Maze, and it serves to make me feel better about my choice to live close to work, instead of commuting.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 18, 2011, 10:14:32 AM »

A quick radio-dial survey when I was in the car the other day showed no female voices at that hour, except for the woman on KOIT. So I guess it's a smart move, soccer-mom-wise.
This soccer mom doesn't really give a $h*t. I have moved on to Sirius/XM. LOVE it. You pretty much know if you're in a bad traffic situation and then decide what to do. Your shifts pretty much suck in radio, so it seems. If it's your chosen career, you do what it takes. Renee has been around for a while. Hopefully she is getting to choose what direction she's going in.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: October 18, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
Apparently Dave Morey was on-the-air with AL about an hour ago.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 18, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
Dred sez: Sometimes you've just gotta go. So tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... LEAVING

Suggest your favorite leaving-related songs; you could win tickets to see Keb Mo' at the Regency Ballroom in SF on December 1st.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 18, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
Dred sez: Sometimes you've just gotta go. So tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... LEAVING

Suggest your favorite leaving-related songs; you could win tickets to see Keb Mo' at the Regency Ballroom in SF on December 1st.

countdown to brain-dead Foghead suggesting "If You Leave" in 3...2..

Think he'd play "Leaving on Your Mind" by Patsy Cline?

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 18, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »

Maaaaybe.  You might have better luck requesting a version of "Don't Leave Me This Way".  Communards, maybe?

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 18, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »

According to http://www.songfacts.com/category-songs_about_leaving_the_past_behind.php this could be your chance to request "Believe" by Cher!