Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096599 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2235 on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:29 PM »

ETA: oh, I forgot: they also served something called "Chicken salad," which was a piece of tender chicken breast meat, fried up good and juicy, then served cradled in an endive leaf with a dollop of aioli or something.  Delish.  

OMG.  I'm sooo making these for my next party/potluck dish/whatever!  I'm gonna use KFC's popcorn chicken, endive and a dollop of a mayonnaise/Sriracha mixture.  Sprinkle some chives on top and Bob's yer uncle!

Yum!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2236 on: August 12, 2011, 10:17:08 PM »
mind-numbing computer training for school this morning prevented me from being able to pay any attention at all to the live event today.  I'll be pretty out of the loop from here on out, hope the server keeps running!
 :D ;D
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2237 on: August 13, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
Kind of funny, heard one of those 'hand picked music' commercials this morning, then they played "I Left My Heart in San Francisco!"

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: August 13, 2011, 09:14:06 AM »
Kind of funny, heard one of those 'hand picked music' commercials this morning, then they played "I Left My Heart in San Francisco!"

That exhausted their '60s limit for the morning  ;)

ETA: 20 minutes later we got Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" -- can't say that's not variety.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:47:18 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: August 15, 2011, 09:52:31 AM »
This morning Renee played a song by "a band you probably haven't heard in awhile"... it was Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train". Seriously?

and at 9:48 it's the sound of sunshine comin' down for the billionth time.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 16, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
Meant to mention that House o'Blooz was back in it's 11pm timeslot this Sun nite; not sure if it was a computer error or if they moved everything back or what.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 18, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
Yesterday KFOG was asking Fogheads for the best lyric ever (after NME named the Smiths' "There Is a Light..." as their all-time fave).  There was a FB thread about it, and I was delighted that my choice -- the Waterboys' "Whole of the Moon" -- was the one they played this morning.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:54:50 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 20, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »
I must say I'm pretty impressed by the number of folks who are still (3 weeks later) posting "bring back the marathon" messages on the KFOG FB page.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: August 21, 2011, 09:44:16 AM »
For comparison's sake, check out The Peak's "most-played new songs":

http://wxpk.tunegenie.com/tophits/

Quite similar to KFOG; I don't see Superheavy on that list but they *are* playing the new Jayhawks which I haven't heard on KFOG.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: August 22, 2011, 08:42:58 AM »
This morning was full of gems: Lightning Seeds "Pure" followed by Nancy Tucker "Everything Reminds Me of My Therapist" (Lol).  A bit later, Moby "Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?"  :o  One of his best songs off of "Play" but certainly never got the exposure of "South Side" or "Porcelain"...or even "Natural Blues" or "Bodyrock."  I don't think I've ever heard it on the radio before, except on college stations.  Now, Chumbawamba "Tubthumping."

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 22, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »
Nancy Tucker "Everything Reminds Me of My Therapist" (Lol).

OK, I've never heard that song, or even heard *of* it -- is it new? if it's older, did any station in SF ever play it?  Just curious.

Chumbawumba, OTOH, is popping up semi-regularly. I understand playing Triple-A (and Live 105) "hits" from the past 15 years, but playing too many songs that have never been heard in SF before could be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:02:59 AM by RGMike »

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 22, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »

OK, I've never heard that song, or even heard *of* it -- is it new? if it's older, did any station in SF ever play it?  Just curious.

Chumbawumba, OTOH, is popping up semi-regularly. I understand playing Triple-A (and Live 105) "hits" from the past 15 years, but playing too many songs that have never been heard in SF before could be a bad idea.

This Dred guy is growing on me.  Must be that damn ukulele.  I still think KFOG is sounding like Alice drenched in patchouli.  Ugh, and they just played No Doubt. 

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 23, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »
This morning they were gushing over one of the artists on the new "Local Scene" CD, Megan Keely, whose song is "Anymore". (Apparently she accosted Peter at his local coffee place and foisted her audition disc upon him, and to his surprise she was "great") Then they played the song -- easily the most slavishly imitative Feist-alike/Sara Paralysis-wannabe I've yet heard. It was almost like a parody. If I hadn't been in a rush to get out of the house I might've called them up to engage the topic, but really, am I the only one who notices stuff like this? There are 87 of these women at last count, I think.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:36:49 PM by RGMike »

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 23, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjnrgmVCieU&feature=related

A caller was trying to figure out what a song about being reminded of their therapist was & rattled off a few lyrics.  Then another caller called in and said it was Nancy Tucker.  It's from a Dr. Demento CD.  KFOG somehow procured a copy of the CD & played the entire 3:16 (I thought they were going to just play a clip.)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 24, 2011, 07:50:31 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjnrgmVCieU&feature=related

A caller was trying to figure out what a song about being reminded of their therapist was & rattled off a few lyrics.  Then another caller called in and said it was Nancy Tucker.  It's from a Dr. Demento CD.  KFOG somehow procured a copy of the CD & played the entire 3:16 (I thought they were going to just play a clip.)

ah, OK. That makes more sense.  Altho' it made me wonder if KFOG might dredge up that "David Duchovny, Why Won't You Love me" song. ;)