Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096538 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2070 on: June 23, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
wow, how long has it been?  Jason Mraz rears his hatted head on KFOG today as part of the 9 o'clock "My 3 Songs" pop quiz: 

what's the connection?

Duffy (some song, doesn't matter)
KT Tunstall (Suddenly I see)
Jzn Mrz (I'm Yours)

"hatted head": a blowjob while wearing a fedora?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 23, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
wow, how long has it been?  Jason Mraz rears his hatted head on KFOG today as part of the 9 o'clock "My 3 Songs" pop quiz: 

what's the connection?

Duffy (some song, doesn't matter)
KT Tunstall (Suddenly I see)
Jzn Mrz (I'm Yours)

"hatted head": a blowjob while wearing a fedora?

heheh...  the connection is: today is their birthday.  And Jazn is playing at that upcoming festival.   
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 23, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
Trying to win tickets to Amos Lee/an Adele CD to qualify for the London trip to see Adele. Apparently they forgot to tell the new overnight guy that he'd have to field calls from people trying to win. He didn't announce a winner after the Big Ben sounder played.

After a long rambling thing about how Fitz and the Tantrums sounds like a liontamer act and maybe it's because he's associating it with Fritz the Cat (?!), he IDed himself as Dred Scott. 

LinkedIn says he's still at 100.3 The Sound in L.A., but laradio.com says he left in early 2010 after the overnight live shift was eliminated.  Apparently he also worked at KFOG a *looong* time ago (I think I vaguely recall him, his but his LinkedIn says he DJed there back in the 1900s, haha.)  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dred-scott/22/a9b/98

Anybody else remember this guy, or heard him?

wow, KFOG has a *LIVE* overnite guy?? They've been voice-tracked after midnite for, like, more than a decade. (or is it possible he IS voicetracked and the automation played the "Big Ben" thing by mistake? the contest is only supposed to be running during the day, afaik). 

I heard Dred Scott last nite around 9:45 (I'm guessing Darryl said "Overnite" when he meant to say "evening") Found him sorta borderline irritating, but then we all felt that way about Webster in the beginning. Did they get rid of Rockwell, or did Constantine just get tired of doing an air shift?

DC is still on air at his normal shift, 4-7.  I think Rockwell is gone because Dred promo'd the upcoming LFTA show which had previously been done by Rockwell (and before that, of course, Annalisa.).  Too bad; I actually liked Rockwell.  I agree that this Dred person is borderline irritating.  (As far as the morning show goes, I don't mind Webster at all but I still find the other three extremely irritating.)

Edit: Rockwell is now listed as weekends: http://www.kfog.com/PROGRAMMING/Airstaff/SteveRockwell/tabid/1549/Default.aspx

And here's Dred: http://www.kfog.com/PROGRAMMING/Airstaff/DredScott/tabid/1657/Default.aspx
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:44:04 PM by radical347 »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 24, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »

And here's Dred: http://www.kfog.com/PROGRAMMING/Airstaff/DredScott/tabid/1657/Default.aspx
[/quote]

Dred just posted on FB (via the KFOG page) that he's on the air right now "wrapping up his first week back at KFOG" and happy to be back.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 27, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
hey, I think one of us (shray?) just won big on KFOG... like a trip to London?

~CPL593H~

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 27, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
Is this our Shray?!  If so, nice going!!!
From the KFOG website: http://www.kfog.com/Default.aspx
"Last Chance: London World Class Adventure
Congratulations to Mark Shrader of Hayward, winner of the latest World Class Adventure to London!  Just one trip remains, and this is your last week to get on the standby list.  Keep listening for Big Ben through Friday for your chance to join Renee in London to see Adele & Amos Lee at the Hammersmith Apollo September 19!"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 27, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »
Is this our Shray?!!
Congratulations to Mark Shrader of Hayward, winner of the latest World Class Adventure to London!  Just one trip remains, and this is your last week to get on the standby list.  Keep listening for Big Ben through Friday for your chance to join Renee in London to see Adele & Amos Lee at the Hammersmith Apollo September 19!"

surely he would've posted something here if so? He spells it "Schroeder", BTW so if it's him then KFOG misspelled their own winner's name!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 27, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »
Is this our Shray?!!
Congratulations to Mark Shrader of Hayward, winner of the latest World Class Adventure to London!  Just one trip remains, and this is your last week to get on the standby list.  Keep listening for Big Ben through Friday for your chance to join Renee in London to see Adele & Amos Lee at the Hammersmith Apollo September 19!"

surely he would've posted something here if so? He spells it "Schroeder", BTW so if it's him then KFOG misspelled their own winner's name!

Also, Mark hasn't lived in Hayward for a number of years--he's a Dublin kid now. Come to think of it, I think it was Castro Valley, not Hayward. So probably not him. Darn.

ETA: Here's something I'm curious about. Given that we're radio geeks, I imagine we've all won a prize or two on the radio. What's the best thing you ever won on a radio contest? I know what mine is, but I want to hear what you all have won first.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:27:55 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 27, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
Is this our Shray?!!

Also, Mark hasn't lived in Hayward for a number of years--he's a Dublin kid now. Come to think of it, I think it was Castro Valley, not Hayward. So probably not him. Darn.

ETA: Here's something I'm curious about. Given that we're radio geeks, I imagine we've all won a prize or two on the radio. What's the best thing you ever won on a radio contest? I know what mine is, but I want to hear what you all have won first.
In 1990, I won a pair of Eurythmics tickets from Live 105.  The British DJ (I forget his name) asked , "What's the name of the show Jools Holland hosts in the UK?"   A: Juke Box Jury  I only knew this because I was an avid Q/NME/Melody Maker reader at the time.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 27, 2011, 02:26:23 PM »
In 1990, I won a pair of Eurythmics tickets from Live 105.  The British DJ (I forget his name) asked , "What's the name of the show Jools Holland hosts in the UK?"   A: Juke Box Jury  I only knew this because I was an avid Q/NME/Melody Maker reader at the time.

that DJ was Richard Blade, I'm guessing.

When I was 14 I won one of the legen (wait for it) dary "Good Guy Sweatshirts" from NYC's WMCA

A year or 2  later I won a pair of tix to see Grand Funk at Madison Square Garden from WNEW-FM (that was a mail-in-a-postcard thing and didn't involve having to call the station).  It's been slim pickings since then.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 27, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »
Since early 70s I've won numerous albums and concert tix (though nothing the last few years, too busy with work), but one cool thing I won, which I still have, was in Dec 1980 (from WPLJ NYC via postcard entry), an autographed photo of Springsteen and Bob Seger, signed by both, onstage together at opening show of Bruce's "The River Tour" Oct 1980 in Ann Arbor, MI.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 27, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »
What's the best thing you ever won on a radio contest? I know what mine is, but I want to hear what you all have won first.

When I first started dating my fiancee, she lamented that her mother *really* wanted to go see Sting and Annie Lennox at the Concord Pavilion.  The GF did NOT want to take her Mom, the tix were expensive, it's Sting and Annie Lennox, but it's what Mom really wanted for her birthday.

I told her, "don't worry, babe.  It'll work out."   And it did, big time.   I managed to call in to the KFOG Morning Show and win second row tix to the Sting concert!   Holee crap!!! 

I think I answered some easy trivia questions.    When Renee asked me my name and contact info, I gave her my girlfriend's name and address (her name can be a guy's name, too).  She showed up, picked up the tix, and treated Mom to Sting and Annie from the second row.   I impressed the hell out of her mother even before we had met ... very smooth, eh? 

So the best thing I ever won from a radio station was something I didn't use myself.  In fact, if I DID have to use it, it would not be the best thing I ever won...  :)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:33:12 PM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2082 on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
What's the best thing you ever won on a radio contest? I know what mine is, but I want to hear what you all have won first.
I've won some generic CD's a couple of times.  I won tickets to Jersey Boys, but couldn't go.  I won a request-o-rama, and they wouldn't play my request!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 27, 2011, 09:22:52 PM »

Last year I won a trip for 2 to LA to the Sunset Strip Music Festival from Live 105, including VIP tickets, airfare, and accomodations at the Andaz Hyatt.  And as usual, since I can never find people to go to these things with me...I ended up taking one of my friend's mom!  LOL!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 27, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
Is this our Shray?!!

I have won quite a bit. Last year, thanks to The Band, I won a trip to Vegas to see Santana in April. Flight on Southwest and a night at the Hard Rock. I went to pick up my tickets the day Renel went back to KISS. It was the same studio. I'm sure I could go back to March or so when I won and see my post here. They let me in the Kiss studio to see Tony Sandoval doing his lunchtime show. What made it very cool was while we were in the Vegas bar, pre-show, my husband and I connected with a nice man who had two extra seats and traded his REALLY GOOD seats for our seats which while good were not center front. He then met two people passing thru town and gave them our seats. So, we got GREAT seats and two people got free tickets.
Many years ago I was caller #whatever and won $1000 on a classical station.  Other memorable win was from the Bone. Backstage passes to a meet and greet with the Scorpions at Shoreline. That was a good time.
Sharks bleed teal.