Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096531 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1965 on: April 13, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »
"Southside" by Moby reared its bald ugly head this morning. And DAMN have they been playing "1979" by the Pumpkins a LOT.
So, was it a bald ugly head twin-spin then?   ;)

Moby and Corgan are the same person, I swear.

how does James Carville fit into all this?

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 13, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
"Southside" by Moby reared its bald ugly head this morning. And DAMN have they been playing "1979" by the Pumpkins a LOT.
So, was it a bald ugly head twin-spin then?   ;)

Moby and Corgan are the same person, I swear.

how does James Carville fit into all this?

I was gonna mention Michael Stipe -- Carville's even more hideous than Stipe. And his *don't* smell like honey.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 14, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »
In the final stages of a Dish Network installation here at home today.  Got a brand new TV this week, which has a direct internet connection, so in addition to the Vudu & Netflix capabilities I can listen to streaming radio through the TV (which is great because the radio reception at my house is very sketchy).  But stangely KFOG is not on the local radio list, although just about everything else is.  Any ideas?  I can always stream to a laptop & connect that to the TV, but that seems awfully klugy.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 14, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »
There's been a recent onslaught of Sara Paralysis.  AAAARGH!  >:(  DC seems to have added "King of Anything" as a recurrent...along with a host of other songs from the past year that never (outside of the new music hrs and the occasional weekend spin) got touched due to the unwritten rule of not being able to add more than one song per month.  Neon Trees, Muse x2 (nice to hear "Undisclosed Desires"...otoh I could do without "Uprising") Oh well, at least it's nice that he's trying to shake things up a bit.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 14, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »
There's been a recent onslaught of Sara Paralysis.  AAAARGH!  >:( 

no Feist-alike is a good Feist-alike, and she's one of my least favorite of that bunch.

generally speaking, at least in morning drive, I feel like I'm hearing even fewer current songs than before.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 14, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »

no Feist-alike is a good Feist-alike, and she's one of my least favorite of that bunch.

generally speaking, at least in morning drive, I feel like I'm hearing even fewer current songs than before.

are you talking about Sarah McLaughlin?
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 14, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »

Sara Barielles (or however she spells it)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 14, 2011, 04:01:27 PM »

just looked her up. yes, annoying! 

Can we add that Decemberists song to this list?  Down-By-The-Old-97s-Springsteen-REM-Water?
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 14, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »

just looked her up. yes, annoying! 

Can we add that Decemberists song to this list?  Down-By-The-Old-97s-Springsteen-REM-Water?

I actually LIKE that Decemberists song; it's a welcome relief (to my ears) from the usual Feistalikes and Snow Patrol clones. Certainly rather hear it than Kings of Peons.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 16, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »

Listening to her song on KFOG now.  Yuuuuuuuuuuuck.  Atrocious Taylor Swiftian lyrics. 

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: April 17, 2011, 09:39:34 AM »
Purple berries for breakfast!  Rosalie played the Airplane's version of "Wooden Ships" this morning.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1976 on: April 17, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »
Purple berries for breakfast!  Rosalie played the Airplane's version of "Wooden Ships" this morning.
I once saw the Starship do this in LA (Shrine), before Balin joined the band, and Freiberg sang the line this way:
You must try some of my purple tablets.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: April 17, 2011, 02:40:04 PM »

Listening to her song on KFOG now.  Yuuuuuuuuuuuck.  Atrocious Taylor Swiftian lyrics. 

I don't think the lyrics are similar at all, but Ms. Paralysis is much worse than Miss Swift, in my opinion.  Taylor Swift sings generic love songs love songs for 13 year olds.  Sara Paralysis on the other hand sings about her serious anger management issues.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 18, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
Biggest surprise yet: sortly before 6, they played Jackson Browne's version of "take it Easy"... and lo, they actually let it track into "Our Lady of the Well". Gobsmacked is hardly the word.  Irish Greg got to play the role of outsider and say "I'd never heard that song before".

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1979 on: April 18, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »
Biggest surprise yet: sortly before 6, they played Jackson Browne's version of "take it Easy"... and lo, they actually let it track into "Our Lady of the Well". Gobsmacked is hardly the word.  Irish Greg got to play the role of outsider and say "I'd never heard that song before".
unfuckingbelievable!  Really?  Played the whole track?  One of the most beautiful song pairings on any album.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!