Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096618 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1950 on: April 07, 2011, 10:31:28 PM »
Just curious, how many people took part? And were you selected or was it open to anyone who wanted to show up?

There were about 20, but I think they also might have had panels at other nights/times (mine was Wednesday).  I was selected.

Did you get any sort of "honorarium" or just the CDs and the tour? Every radio focus group I've ever taken part in never reveals who's sponsoring the study, so it's interesting that they held it at KFOG's offices.
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 07, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »
Just curious, how many people took part? And were you selected or was it open to anyone who wanted to show up?

There were about 20, but I think they also might have had panels at other nights/times (mine was Wednesday).  I was selected.

Did you get any sort of "honorarium" or just the CDs and the tour? Every radio focus group I've ever taken part in never reveals who's sponsoring the study, so it's interesting that they held it at KFOG's offices.

No honorarium, just the CDs/tour/dinner.  As far as I know here it was just D. Constantine & a few of the KFOG staffers.  (I do know that sometimes stations bring in outside companies to run these, though.)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 08, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
Oh, Florence, can the "Dog days" please be over already? (Sorry, I don't get the love for that band. At. All.)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 09, 2011, 02:15:51 PM »
Went to the panel last night - made sure to represent 10@10!  ;D  DC was in charge & I got the impression he wasn't going to mess with it; in fact, he said he loves specialty programming & plans to return A-Z to us, among other things.  He also talked about making the 10@10 Channel (which is back on HD-2; must have just gone out for awhile) availble online.  
I loved A-Z!  Hope they bring it back this year.  I'm not getting the 10@10 HD channel on my phone for some reason.  I had it at one point, and now I'm getting the same KFOG channel in both spots.  :(
Thanks for representin', Rad!  :)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 09, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
Went to the panel last night - made sure to represent 10@10!  ;D  DC was in charge & I got the impression he wasn't going to mess with it; in fact, he said he loves specialty programming & plans to return A-Z to us, among other things.  He also talked about making the 10@10 Channel (which is back on HD-2; must have just gone out for awhile) availble online.   
I loved A-Z!  Hope they bring it back this year.  I'm not getting the 10@10 HD channel on my phone for some reason.  I had it at one point, and now I'm getting the same KFOG channel in both spots.  :(

I'm all in favor of a GOOD lengthy A-Z -- not the abbreviated (less than 7 days) versions they sometimes did.

BTW, this was my first post via my new netbook -- got it just in time to take it on the upcoming NY trip.

Having the "10@10 Channel" on-line wouid be nice. I was under the impression (I could be wrong) that they pulled it down because they couldn't use Dave's shows and didn't yet have enuf AL "classics" to program it 24/7.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:44:06 PM by RGMike »

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 11, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »

NP...Anything for 10@10 and Annalisa!  ;D
I hope they do too.  I agree with RGMike that a good lengthy A-Z would be awesome.  (a la 2008...otoh 2009's was pretty bad.)
Hmm, maybe the channel just sputtered out for awhile.  I tried it now and the 10@10 Channel is back on HD-2. (Regular KFOG programming on HD-1).

Having the "10@10 Channel" on-line wouid be nice. I was under the impression (I could be wrong) that they pulled it down because they couldn't use Dave's shows and didn't yet have enuf AL "classics" to program it 24/7.

I was too (which I thought was why it went out for awhile), but I guess it's back.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 12, 2011, 07:40:59 AM »
Just as I was leaving home this morning, they did a SF twin-spin: Scott McKenzie followed by tenderloin/tender-coin.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 12, 2011, 09:03:13 AM »
8:58 AM today

KFOG  Come Together by Beatles
KUFX  Come Together by Aerosmith

~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 12, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »
8:58 AM today

KFOG  Come Together by Beatles
KUFX  Come Together by Aerosmith

It might've started raining frogs is KITS played Come Together by Primal Scream at 8:58 AM.  Maybe in 1991 (when the station was worth listening to).

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 12, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »
almost forgot to mention this...a few days back Joel Selvin was on the morning show pimping some event he was doing that evening at which Webster was going to be moderator.  For some reason the conversation swung around to the group Journey, and Irish Greg brought up the point that "Dave Morey used to often refer to 'Journey when they were good'" and asked Selvin to explain.

I was rather shocked, this was the first time I can recall anyone on the Morning Show saying Dave's name on air (other than the first couple days immediately following his departure).  In fact a week or so before that they were talking about songs that had such emotional significance that they always reminded one of a certain time & place, etc...so, for the first time in months I called in & said, "not to put too fine a point on it, but any Fogheads who've been listening to 10at10 over the years know that Dave Morey's term for these is Sledgehammers, and I believe he used the term on the Morning Show, too."  I got the brush off & they didn't replay my comment.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 12, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »
almost forgot to mention this...a few days back Joel Selvin was on the morning show pimping some event he was doing that evening at which Webster was going to be moderator.  For some reason the conversation swung around to the group Journey, and Irish Greg brought up the point that "Dave Morey used to often refer to 'Journey when they were good'" and asked Selvin to explain.

I was rather shocked, this was the first time I can recall anyone on the Morning Show saying Dave's name on air (other than the first couple days immediately following his departure).  In fact a week or so before that they were talking about songs that had such emotional significance that they always reminded one of a certain time & place, etc...so, for the first time in months I called in & said, "not to put too fine a point on it, but any Fogheads who've been listening to 10at10 over the years know that Dave Morey's term for these is Sledgehammers, and I believe he used the term on the Morning Show, too."  I got the brush off & they didn't replay my comment.

Actually I've heard them mention Dave on more than a few occasions -- "Dave used to say ____", "that was a favorite of Dave's" etc. I've never felt like it's forbidden or anything. And when he was in town last month they posted about it on Facebook. But the Sledghammer thing is weird, given that he did 3 or 4 "10@10"s revolving around it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 13, 2011, 08:03:41 AM »
"Southside" by Moby reared its bald ugly head this morning. And DAMN have they been playing "1979" by the Pumpkins a LOT.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:29 AM »
"Southside" by Moby reared its bald ugly head this morning. And DAMN have they been playing "1979" by the Pumpkins a LOT.
So, was it a bald ugly head twin-spin then?   ;)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »
So, was it a bald ugly head twin-spin then?   ;)

Moby and Corgan are the same person, I swear.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 13, 2011, 12:48:38 PM »
KFOG wants yer vote in the San Francisco Magazine "Best of the Bay" thingy.