Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096524 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1935 on: March 26, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »
WTF-of-the-Day: Just happened to flip on KFOG as I was looking to tune the radio to KFRC's AT40 simulcast. KFOG was playing... "Danny's Song" by L&M! Struck me as VERY out-of-character -- don't think they've ever played that outside 10@10, and it's not either of their birthdays. And they followed it with "Mrs Robinson". Seemed quite odd to me.
Rogue programming?
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »
WTF-of-the-Day: Just happened to flip on KFOG as I was looking to tune the radio to KFRC's AT40 simulcast. KFOG was playing... "Danny's Song" by L&M! Struck me as VERY out-of-character -- don't think they've ever played that outside 10@10, and it's not either of their birthdays. And they followed it with "Mrs Robinson". Seemed quite odd to me.
Rogue programming?

they were back to the Goo Goo Dolls soon after. But the "Just Played" list shows they played Patti (Mrs Springsteen) Scialfa's "3rd St Lullabye" this hour -- I don't recall them ever playing her before.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 26, 2011, 11:50:28 PM »
Rogue programming?

they were back to the Goo Goo Dolls soon after. But the "Just Played" list shows they played Patti (Mrs Springsteen) Scialfa's "3rd St Lullabye" this hour -- I don't recall them ever playing her before.

The hand of Constantine at work again?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 27, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »
Rogue programming?

The hand of Constantine at work again?

I swear my first thought was that Loggins had died!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 28, 2011, 04:45:18 PM »
I'm taking a Foghead survey and question #7 asks (agree or disagree):

a. I can't listen to KFOG during the day because of work
b. KFOG plays 10 at 10 too often for me (!)
c. KFOG repeats songs too often for me
d. I often forget or get too busy to listen to KFOG during the day
e. I regularly listen to the KFOG stream
f. I prefer to listen to my own music collection than to music on the radio
g. I listen to KFOG more on the weekend than Monday to Friday

Question #10 asks:
Anything you'd like to tell the KFOG Program Director?
Don't be messin' with our 10@10!  Annalisa has been doing a fabulous job taking over for Dave Morey (no easy feat).  Her Facebook page is one of the reasons I even bother logging on to Facebook everyday.  I love the rare stuff she pulls out for 10@10.  The songs that make you go "OMG...I thought I was the only one who bought that record!"  The Facebook 10@10 request page is quite fun and highly addictive.  Ask anybody!

Shame about Big Rick leaving.  He was the only reason I'd tune in the late afternoon and evenings. 

Noticed that KFOG has been mixing it up a bit - love the Franz Ferdinand, but enough with MOBY'S Southside already!  I'd be nice if you played some Cure, Smiths (I know, fat chance) and some more classic Modern Rock mixed into the old Classic Rock.  Even The BAND plays Cuts You Up by Peter Murphy from time to time...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:59:07 PM by sundaygal »

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 28, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »

I often forget or get too busy to turn the KFOG stream off after 10@10.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 28, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »

Question #10 asks:
Don't be messin' with our 10@10!  Annalisa has been doing a fabulous job taking over for Dave Morey (no easy feat).  Her Facebook page is one of the reasons I even bother logging on to Facebook everyday.  I love the rare stuff she pulls out for 10@10.  The songs that make you go "OMG...I thought I was the only one who bought that record!"  The Facebook 10@10 request page is quite fun and highly addictive.  Ask anybody!

Shame about Big Rick leaving.  He was the only reason I'd tune in the late afternoon and evenings. 

Noticed that KFOG has been mixing it up a bit - love the Franz Ferdinand, but enough with MOBY'S Southside already!  I'd be nice if you played some Cure, Smiths (I know, fat chance) and some more classic Modern Rock mixed into the old Classic Rock.  Even The BAND plays Cuts You Up by Peter Murphy from time to time...

Bwahahaha -- ya beat me to it; I just took the survey and was gonna post that segment above.  And I also said "please let AL continue to do 10@10 her way" or words to that effect.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:48:35 PM by RGMike »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:58 PM »

Question #10 asks:

Bwahahaha -- ya beat me to it; I just took the survey and was gonna post that segment above.  And I also said "please let AL continue to do 10@10 her way" or words to that effect.

good one, RegularSundayGalMikeGuy...!   I saw that survey link somewhere, too.  If I take it I'll be sure to mention how the free-form 10at10's are always more rewarding and keep me tuned in.   I notice there's no option for:

h. KFOG programming often sucks

~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 28, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »

Question #10 asks:

Good on you guys for tellin' 'em how it is.

Not sure I like the subtext behind option B though. Sounds as if someone might not be a big fan of 10@10.

Anyone have access to the daypart Arbitron data that might tell us how the ratings are for 10@10 since AL took over? I'm pretty sure that when Dave was doing it, it was one of the (if not THE) strongest part of their daytime schedule.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 01, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Today was another "Request-O-Rama-O-Rama", with a baseball trivia theme.  A winner in the 6:00 hour wanted "a fishing song" so Irish Greg played "Belly of the Whale".

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 01, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »
Today was another "Request-O-Rama-O-Rama", with a baseball trivia theme.  A winner in the 6:00 hour wanted "a fishing song" so Irish Greg played "Belly of the Whale".

I get it: a whale ain't a fish!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 03, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
That Sun nite "Lost & Found" guy just played Nina Simone's cover of Randy Newman's "Baltimore". And went up a notch in my esteem.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 07, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »
Went to the panel last night - made sure to represent 10@10!  ;D  DC was in charge & I got the impression he wasn't going to mess with it; in fact, he said he loves specialty programming & plans to return A-Z to us, among other things.  He also talked about making the 10@10 Channel (which is back on HD-2; must have just gone out for awhile) availble online.  Though in our group there weren't as many people clamoring to tell him how much they loved 10@10 as I'd have hoped for, but there was HUGE support for Acoustic Sunrise & Lost & Found is getting good first reviews.

He also says he's doing something about the KFOG not adding new music or adding new music months after it's no longer "new" problem.  I brought up the example of KFOG adding "1901" by Phoenix like a year after it came out...and most of the peeps groaned in agreement. LOL!  He also said he's planning on laying off some of the overplayed songs & throwing new old songs into the mix (this could be why we've heard "Positively 4th St" more than once.) I know in the past KINK has had a philosophy of using the same forumla as most radio stations...but finding the right songs for the formula.  Hopefully he'll pick the right "right songs."  They gave us a tour of the studios & we met Rockwell (who, due to popular belief, is NOT Dennis Constantine) & sent us on our way with a bunch of CDs, including the latest LFTA (it's a good thing then that it was bad enough to make me not want to buy it) & Local Scene, a few KFOG samplers from many years ago, & a few others.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 07, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »
Went to the panel last night - made sure to represent 10@10!  ;D  DC was in charge & I got the impression he wasn't going to mess with it; in fact, he said he loves specialty programming & plans to return A-Z to us, among other things.  He also talked about making the 10@10 Channel (which is back on HD-2; must have just gone out for awhile) availble online.  Though in our group there weren't as many people clamoring to tell him how much they loved 10@10 as I'd have hoped for, but there was HUGE support for Acoustic Sunrise & Lost & Found is getting good first reviews.

He also says he's doing something about the KFOG not adding new music or adding new music months after it's no longer "new" problem.  I brought up the example of KFOG adding "1901" by Phoenix like a year after it came out...and most of the peeps groaned in agreement. LOL!  He also said he's planning on laying off some of the overplayed songs & throwing new old songs into the mix (this could be why we've heard "Positively 4th St" more than once.) I know in the past KINK has had a philosophy of using the same forumla as most radio stations...but finding the right songs for the formula.  Hopefully he'll pick the right "right songs."  They gave us a tour of the studios & we met Rockwell (who, due to popular belief, is NOT Dennis Constantine) & sent us on our way with a bunch of CDs, including the latest LFTA (it's a good thing then that it was bad enough to make me not want to buy it) & Local Scene, a few KFOG samplers from many years ago, & a few others.

Just curious, how many people took part? And were you selected or was it open to anyone who wanted to show up?
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 07, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
Just curious, how many people took part? And were you selected or was it open to anyone who wanted to show up?

There were about 20, but I think they also might have had panels at other nights/times (mine was Wednesday).  I was selected.