Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096564 times)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1860 on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
Big Rick gives an ETA of 4:00 on his FB page, y'all.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 18, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »

Well, that saves me the indignity of listening to 103.7 all afternoon  ;)

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 18, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »

I predict he'll play Boston in the first hour. Station mandate, you see.
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 18, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »

I predict he'll play Boston in the first hour. Station mandate, you see.
Magic Carpet Ride, too.  A must for them. 

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 19, 2011, 11:02:13 PM »
BRS just posted the video of This Charming Man by The Smiths on his FB page.  Could this be the end of the video clues or am I missing something?

ETA:  Checked his page again this morning and the following songs were posted on his page:  D.J. (Bowie), What's The Frequency, Kenneth? (REM), The Music Machine (Talk Talk), a Wolfman Jack video and then the following quote:  "Tomorrow I promise to eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation."

Which Facebook page is this?  I just added him as a friend for this page:  http://www.facebook.com/bigrick

Did he have a more public page?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 19, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »
BRS just posted the video of This Charming Man by The Smiths on his FB page.  Could this be the end of the video clues or am I missing something?

ETA:  Checked his page again this morning and the following songs were posted on his page:  D.J. (Bowie), What's The Frequency, Kenneth? (REM), The Music Machine (Talk Talk), a Wolfman Jack video and then the following quote:  "Tomorrow I promise to eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation."

Which Facebook page is this?  I just added him as a friend for this page:  http://www.facebook.com/bigrick

Did he have a more public page?

Nope, that's it. He's scrubbed his FB page of nearly all references to his KFOG tenure.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 25, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
So, the guy on  KFOG right now in BRS's old slot is named "Steve Rockwell". Surely that's not his real name.  ;)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 25, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »
So, the guy on  KFOG right now in BRS's old slot is named "Steve Rockwell". Surely that's not his real name.  ;)

could be this guy:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steve-rockwell-walleisa/14/216/65b

... and don't call me Shirley!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 26, 2011, 07:42:04 AM »

could be this guy:

so, he runs a company called "Steve Rockwell Voiceovers"... and he named himself Employee of the Month?  ::)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 26, 2011, 08:06:33 AM »

could be this guy:

so, he runs a company called "Steve Rockwell Voiceovers"... and he named himself Employee of the Month?  ::)

haha!  I saw that, too.  Made me laugh... I'll take it he meant to be cute with that.
~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 26, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »
Looks as if Cumulus has ditched their old player and in-house audio servers and replaced them with one that's served by News Inc., if I'm reading the URL correctly. The positive: No more "missed-yer-opportunity" and Honda of El Cerrito. The negative: longer national ads before the stream launches, and one more thing that Rupert Murdoch has his fingers in.

User experience fail.

One more gripe about the new player: it takes up far more real estate on my screen than necessary.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:53:57 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 27, 2011, 07:39:22 AM »
Looks as if Cumulus has ditched their old player and in-house audio servers and replaced them with one that's served by News Inc., if I'm reading the URL correctly. The positive: No more "missed-yer-opportunity" and Honda of El Cerrito. The negative: longer national ads before the stream launches, and one more thing that Rupert Murdoch has his fingers in.

User experience fail.

One more gripe about the new player: it takes up far more real estate on my screen than necessary.

that's my biggest gripe about players -- if I can't shink it down to a small box it pisses me off. Of course more "real estate" means more ad space.

weird fact of the week: Renee is on vacay this week, making for a pleasant morning show -- turns out she's attending "auctioneering school". Er... WHAT??

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1872 on: January 27, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »

User experience fail.

that's my biggest gripe about players -- if I can't shink it down to a small box it pisses me off. Of course more "real estate" means more ad space.

weird fact of the week: Renee is on vacay this week, making for a pleasant morning show -- turns out she's attending "auctioneering school". Er... WHAT??
this still works for me:

http://player.cumulusstreaming.com/stations/KFOG-FM/PubPoint.asx
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 31, 2011, 10:52:47 AM »
From the KFOG FB page:

"Wednesday is Groundhog Day and we plan on celebrating by playing the song that you’d like to wake up to…just like Bill Murray waking up to Sonny and Cher’s “I Got You Babe” in the movie! Simply tell us what time you wake up and what song you’d like to hear playing on your alarm clock radio and we’ll do our best to get it on.

Should be ...fun!"

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 31, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »
From the KFOG FB page:

"Wednesday is Groundhog Day and we plan on celebrating by playing the song that you’d like to wake up to…just like Bill Murray waking up to Sonny and Cher’s “I Got You Babe” in the movie! Simply tell us what time you wake up and what song you’d like to hear playing on your alarm clock radio and we’ll do our best to get it on.

Should be ...fun!"

"Can you stream NPR at about 6:50?  that's what I hear when I wake up."
~CPL593H~