Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096598 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1800 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »
I'm tempted to start a separate "Fogheads are Stupid" thread, but I'll put this here for now: an actual, serious question asked by our good buddy Scott Fisher on FB:

"Can you flip a 33 1/3 over to listen to the other side?"

*ahem*

I've come to the conclusion that that dude is just a little tetched in the head, so anything he says has a near 100% probability of being wrong, if not just plain dumb.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1801 on: November 17, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
I'm tempted to start a separate "Fogheads are Stupid" thread, but I'll put this here for now: an actual, serious question asked by our good buddy Scott Fisher on FB:

*ahem*

I've come to the conclusion that that dude is just a little tetched in the head, so anything he says has a near 100% probability of being wrong, if not just plain dumb.
it wasn't tongue in cheek?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: November 17, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »

*ahem*

it wasn't tongue in cheek?

no, that guy is really not all there.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: November 19, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »
Tuned in just ahead of the 10@10 replay and lo, KFOG is playing Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings' "I Learned the Hard Way". Of course they said it was "new" even tho' the CD came out in... what? April? But still, good to hear.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 20, 2010, 01:26:38 AM »
Tuned in just ahead of the 10@10 replay and lo, KFOG is playing Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings' "I Learned the Hard Way". Of course they said it was "new" even tho' the CD came out in... what? April? But still, good to hear.
Yay!!!   ;D  Mike, I hope you loved that CD as much as I did.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: November 24, 2010, 07:49:35 AM »
Last nite Rosalie (in for Big Rick) promo-ed the 10@10 replay by saying that AL had played "a long chunk of Dark Side of the Moon" Oops.

I call "bullshit": then (TANC) this morning at 6:30 they played an uncensored version of the Floyd's "Money". But it was followed 15 mins later by that uber-bleeped Mumford & Sons hit.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: November 28, 2010, 10:14:43 AM »
Ben Fong-Torres profiles the Webster version of the KFOG Morning Show in today's Radio Waves Chronicle column:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/28/PK3U1GCLVV.DTL

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: November 30, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
hearing Sublime's "Santeria" on KFOG makes me feel sad and old. Whatever you got for Pancho's punk ass... keep it to yerself.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 01, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »

*ahem*

Oh my gawd, did you see that picture (of him, I think, I don't know who else it would be) he posted last night on AL's wall?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 02, 2010, 12:55:44 AM »

*ahem*

Oh my gawd, did you see that picture (of him, I think, I don't know who else it would be) he posted last night on AL's wall?

Yikes.  That would make me really, really uncomfortable if I were AL.  I guess every DJ with personality inevitably gets stalked.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 02, 2010, 08:29:17 AM »

*ahem*

Yikes.  That would make me really, really uncomfortable if I were AL.  I guess every DJ with personality inevitably gets stalked.

Likewise. Based on a couple of things he posted awhile back I think she's told him to tone it down a few notches, but he's still pretty creepy. Wonder why she hasn't blocked him and have done with it?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »

*ahem*

Likewise. Based on a couple of things he posted awhile back I think she's told him to tone it down a few notches, but he's still pretty creepy. Wonder why she hasn't blocked him and have done with it?

My impression was that he's an old listener from her Boston radio days -- they go way back.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 07, 2010, 11:12:10 AM »
This morning they were giving away a Peet's Gift card, so the quiz was "famous Petes". The clue was "this Pete was a betting baseball player". And the woman on the phone blurted out "Pete Seeger!"

::)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 07, 2010, 11:29:45 AM »
This morning they were giving away a Peet's Gift card, so the quiz was "famous Petes". The clue was "this Pete was a betting baseball player". And the woman on the phone blurted out "Pete Seeger!"

Oh right, I forgot about his banjo emblazoned with "This Machine Pulls The Ball To Extreme Left Field."
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 07, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »

Oh right, I forgot about his banjo emblazoned with "This Machine Pulls The Ball To Extreme Left Field."

bwahahaha!  Line of the Week!