Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096641 times)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1545 on: February 03, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »
I won tickets to the SF Opera last year from the morning show.  It was a spelling bee, using various opera terms.  (I'm a decent speller, but I admit I had help from my wife.)

Anyways, they actually had a computer mishap where none of the call got recorded the first time through, so after I won, they had me "recreate" the moment.  That's radio biz for ya.  They *did* leave in my kids cheering for me, so that was cool.  :-}

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 04, 2010, 07:51:18 AM »
Today's inductee into the Foghead Hall of Shame: the woman who couldn't remember this guy's last name:

"I know his first name is Alice, but I'm drawing a blank..."  Irish Greg responded, incredulously: "Well, how many male rockers named Alice *ARE* there??"

(BTW, it's Alice's birthday -- he's 60!)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 04, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
New candidate for Most Annoyingly Overplayed Song on KFOG: DMB's "You & Me Together" -- heard it in the 6am hour and here it is again at 9:50.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 09, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
Just heard a station ID that included a male voice reciting this line (or as best as I can recall it):

"San Francisco, San Francisco, you're a muttering bum in a brown, beat suit. Can't make a woman on a rainy corner."

Great line (Ferlinghetti maybe?), but WTF?
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 09, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »
AL just had Jorgen Ingmann's "Apache" playing in the background as she talked.  !
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1550 on: February 09, 2010, 08:00:30 PM »
After years of dreaming of winning requestorama, I won this morning. (Graham Nash) I requested Peter Green's Supernatural, just like I always wanted, and they said they couldn't find it, and did I have a second choice.  When it was replayed on the radio, my original request was snipped out!
We might have gone, but we have a gig early Sunday morning.  If any of you wants the two tickets to Stephen Stills at Cache Creek Saturday night, let me know ASAP.  I'll ask around at work if you guys can't use them.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 10, 2010, 08:34:06 AM »
wish I could Geoff, but Christina has invited 20 people over on Saturday to help us celebrate Chinese New Year(!).
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 10, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »
wish I could Geoff, but Christina has invited 20 people over on Saturday to help us celebrate Chinese New Year(!).

Gunh Ho Fat Boy.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 10, 2010, 09:53:08 AM »
Last couple of times that I've launched KFOG's player it's gone straight to the stream, without the El Cerrito Honda ad as an intro. Another lost account for the Cumulus sales department?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 10, 2010, 09:59:26 AM »
Last couple of times that I've launched KFOG's player it's gone straight to the stream, without the El Cerrito Honda ad as an intro. Another lost account for the Cumulus sales department?

are you launching it from their website or from the link here? (the player on the website doesn't work on my work computer, so I use geoff's link here and it always goes right to the stream without the ads)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 10, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »

are you launching it from their website or from the link here? (the player on the website doesn't work on my work computer, so I use geoff's link here and it always goes right to the stream without the ads)

The one on their site.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 10, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »
Someone posted this on KFOG's Facebook page:

"please play me some portishead or massive attack!"

seriously, dude -- like *that's* ever gonna happen! ::)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 10, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

I remember Live 105 playing Portishead's "Sour Times" back in '97, but did that station ever play Massive Attack?  I've adored everything I've heard from them to date.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 10, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

I remember Live 105 playing Portishead's "Sour Times" back in '97, but did that station ever play Massive Attack?  I've adored everything I've heard from them to date.

Hey Gaz -- you don't appear to be Facebook friends with our Darryl, but he just posted there looking for advice about an impending trip to Pittsburgh, PA -- things to do & see. 

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 10, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »

Hey Gaz -- you don't appear to be Facebook friends with our Darryl, but he just posted there looking for advice about an impending trip to Pittsburgh, PA -- things to do & see. 

Thanks for the heads-up - I'll seek him out via your FB friends.  (Or, Darryl, if you read this thread, look for me there.)