Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096615 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1455 on: November 19, 2009, 09:56:01 AM »
Amazing--Webster just played the Stones' If You Can't Rock Me, which I don't recall EVER hearing on KFOG before. Props to whoever put that on the playlist.

I used to think that KFOG would cherry-pick 10@10 BOS winners and put them into rotation (maybe after testing them first). But I can't recall if "IYCRM" has ever made a KFOG 10@10 appearance.  Somebody's played it -- Bob? Rob?  Larry?

I checked the DB before I posted that--it's not there, so this doesn't fall under your theory. But it's not a bad idea, and I think they might do well to do just that, at least for a few weeks per song.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 19, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »
I was also amazed to hear that.

I further checked the Db, and the only tracks from It's Only Rock & Roll Dave played were the title track & "Time Waits For No One".  Not even "Ain't To Proud To Beg".  So definite kudos.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:15 AM »
They're doing another "vinyl Friday" on the morning show today.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
Have you heard the commmercial Renee has been doing for the Alcatraz Tour? She uses the word "inescapable" and actually pronounces it "in-EX-capable". Don't axe me why.

You can take the girl outta Noo Yawk, but...

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:40 AM »
Have you heard the commmercial Renee has been doing for the Alcatraz Tour? She uses the word "inescapable" and actually pronounces it "in-EX-capable". Don't axe me why.

Someone should take her out for an expresso and esplain the difference. :)
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 20, 2009, 10:25:11 AM »

heh, "expresso" was uttered by some other female jock.  And not just uttered, it was integral part of a M3S contest!
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 20, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
Amazing--Webster just played the Stones' If You Can't Rock Me, which I don't recall EVER hearing on KFOG before. Props to whoever put that on the playlist.

I used to think that KFOG would cherry-pick 10@10 BOS winners and put them into rotation (maybe after testing them first).

That sounds like a good idea.  Come to think of it...I did hear "This is Not America" by David Bowie & Pat Metheny on a Saturday afternoon a few weeks after it won BOS for 1981 once.

If they do this, then they should be spinning the hell out of that Thomas Dolby song from 1992!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 20, 2009, 02:12:16 PM »

heh, "expresso" was uttered by some other female jock.  And not just uttered, it was integral part of a M3S contest!

I know it sounds silly, but it's in the dictionary as an accepted variant.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 20, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »

I know it sounds silly, but it's in the dictionary as an accepted variant.

Well, I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- I tell you!  When I talk English, I ain't gonna use no "expresso" no how!
~CPL593H~

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 20, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »

I think I remember that - Dire Straits' "Expresso Love" was played in a coffee-themed set, no?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1465 on: November 20, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »

heh, "expresso" was uttered by some other female jock.  And not just uttered, it was integral part of a M3S contest!

I think I remember that - Dire Straits' "Expresso Love" was played in a coffee-themed set, no?
the word expresso is actually closer to the literal meaning of how it is prepared.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 20, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »

heh, "expresso" was uttered by some other female jock.  And not just uttered, it was integral part of a M3S contest!

the word expresso is actually closer to the literal meaning of how it is prepared.

Even in Italian?
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1467 on: November 20, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »

Even in Italian?
I'm thinking of the English term express, as in how a mother expresses breast milk.

ORIGIN late Middle English : from Old French expres, from Latin expressus ‘distinctly presented,’ past participle of exprimere ‘press out, express,’ from ex- ‘out’ + primere ‘press.’
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 23, 2009, 11:56:47 AM »
Just noticed that the "send us your audition tapes to be the new Don Pardo" plea is no longer on the KFOG 10@10 page. Not sure when it was removed. Guess that idea fell by the wayside.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 23, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »

Even in Italian?
I'm thinking of the English term express, as in how a mother expresses breast milk.

ORIGIN late Middle English : from Old French expres, from Latin expressus ‘distinctly presented,’ past participle of exprimere ‘press out, express,’ from ex- ‘out’ + primere ‘press.’

I bet it's from the same root, but I don't want to follow up right now.  Not too many x characters in Italian, I think they dropped a lot from latin and use the s instead.
~CPL593H~