Author Topic: 1 Jan 2009: a "classic" from ... 1987  (Read 2187 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1 Jan 2009: a "classic" from ... 1987
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
and I use the term "classic" loosely.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Jan 2009: a "classic" from ... 1987
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
tuning in just now for the Grateful Dead's Touch Of Grey.  (The inevitable Crowded House just ended).

Biked past the Bill Graham Civic Aud last night.  Lots of folks in line for Phil Lesh and Bobby Weir's Ratdog.  This is my prejudice showing, but I thought I'd see more unwashed waif-like Deadhead-lettes around, the kind wearing those Ecuadoran coarse cotton pullovers, the kind with semi-dreadlocks just starting out. The crowd looked a little older and a little cleaner than I expected, haha!

so anyway, I'm sure it was a good show -- or not, who knows? 

OT: I met Phil Lesh once at Davies Symphony Hall, he was co-hosting and American Music program, along w MTT.  Got his autograph, he seemed really nice.
~CPL593H~

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
One week in October
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 12:21:24 PM »
Let's see, Crowded House into GD. Then did the RHCPs end the set? If so, it's yet another set from that week in October that we've been to what, three times already this week?

10/22/08 – Wednesday!  Remembering…1987!!!

1.  The Smiths – Ask
2.  Stabilizers – One Simple Thing
3.  Fabulous Thunderbirds
4.  John Hiatt – A Thing Called Love
5.  Tom Petty – The Damage You’ve Done
6.  Jesus & Mary Chain – April Skies
7.  Robbie Robertson – Somewhere Down the Crazy River
8.  Crowded House – Something So Strong
9.  Grateful Dead – Touch of Grey (BEST OF SET!!)
10. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Fight Like a Brave

If they continue this pattern, we'll be going to '68 tomorrow though. :D
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 1 Jan 2009: a "classic" from ... 1987
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »
tuning in just now for the Grateful Dead's Touch Of Grey.  (The inevitable Crowded House just ended).

Biked past the Bill Graham Civic Aud last night.  Lots of folks in line for Phil Lesh and Bobby Weir's Ratdog.  This is my prejudice showing, but I thought I'd see more unwashed waif-like Deadhead-lettes around, the kind wearing those Ecuadoran coarse cotton pullovers, the kind with semi-dreadlocks just starting out. The crowd looked a little older and a little cleaner than I expected, haha!

so anyway, I'm sure it was a good show -- or not, who knows? 

OT: I met Phil Lesh once at Davies Symphony Hall, he was co-hosting and American Music program, along w MTT.  Got his autograph, he seemed really nice.
when I got home from a party, there was an email from the Dead, they're reforming, and going out on tour this year.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: One week in October
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
Let's see, Crowded House into GD. Then did the RHCPs end the set? If so, it's yet another set from that week in October that we've been to what, three times already this week?

If they continue this pattern, we'll be going to '68 tomorrow though. :D

Wow, that's amazing that they're replaying an entire week in order. I wonder who makes that decision -- I used to assume it was Dave, since we seemed to get uninteresting years on his days off (when he was off a day or 2 at a time, that is -- lengthy vacays obviously had to be more balanced).  This week I guess someone rather lazy and uncreative was put in charge. LOL!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round