Author Topic: 21 Dec 2007: it's 1972!  (Read 10420 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 21 Dec 2007: it's 1972!
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »
A few flicks I want to see. Planning on Alvin on Thursday or Friday. New Julia Roberts flick I heard a promo for sounds OK too. Renee was touting an indie called Juno or Juneau? Sounds good too.

Ali: Juno is just wonderful. Alvin is said to be unspeakably awful -- unless your kids are under 5.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2007, 01:33:42 PM »
A few flicks I want to see. Planning on Alvin on Thursday or Friday. New Julia Roberts flick I heard a promo for sounds OK too. Renee was touting an indie called Juno or Juneau? Sounds good too.

Ali: Juno is just wonderful. Alvin is said to be unspeakably awful -- unless your kids are under 5.

Indeed, Juno is high on my list for holiday movie fare, as is Charlie Wilson's War and I may try to get I'm Not There in, if it's still playing (the Embarcadero had it last week--hope I didn't snooze too long). Also I just found out that The Golden Compass is part of the His Dark Materials trilogy, which piques my interest a little more as I've heard great things about that work.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2007, 01:42:30 PM »

Indeed, Juno is high on my list for holiday movie fare, as is Charlie Wilson's War and I may try to get I'm Not There in, if it's still playing (the Embarcadero had it last week--hope I didn't snooze too long). Also I just found out that The Golden Compass is part of the His Dark Materials trilogy, which piques my interest a little more as I've heard great things about that work.

we had a discussion here about Compass 2 weeks ago -- guess you HAVE been snoozin, bub. ;)  I'm Not there has moved to the Lumiere. I'm looking forward to Walk Hard, which looks freakin' HIGH-larious.  "How's yer mind? Blown?"

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »
OMG, Jethro Tull!

I was amazed when the Drive played this, but I am completely at loss for words getting this from Dave.

'72 was a big year for r&r xmas tunes, iirc. Didn't the Greg Lake Father Christmas come out that year too? I think Santa Claus and His Old Lady was a year or two later.

OK, English Congregation confirms the 10-way tie!

Greg Lake was '74 or '75, methinks. But C&C were either '71 or '72 iirc.  Gary Glitter, sprung from NHL jail! Woo Hoo!
HAY, HAAAAYYYYY!
wooo frickin hooooo

Ali & I hope to hear Mr Glitter at least five times tomorrow nite

Amen! Catchin it on the reply tonight. Haaayyyyy!!!!!
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2007, 10:35:51 PM »

we had a discussion here about Compass 2 weeks ago -- guess you HAVE been snoozin, bub. ;)  I'm Not there has moved to the Lumiere. I'm looking forward to Walk Hard, which looks freakin' HIGH-larious.  "How's yer mind? Blown?"
Mark:
Did you get the pass and see Walk Hard?
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »
happy holidays to all! i'm off to rome for ten days on sunday.

Well, excuuuuuse me!  Hey, when you're there, can you kick the Pope's ass for me? (Never mind -- he'd probably enjoy it)

i don't think i'll get close to the vatican. i'm sure there are far more interesting asses to see.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2007, 11:42:47 PM »
Was preoccupied with Casey Kasem and a not-bad Beatles Xmas show on KFRC this morning, so I tuned in for the tail end of the 1985 set. Then Dave did his usual "coming up: the best set of the week" pre-intro and sure enuf it was 1983 -- whenever Dave says "best of the week" it's always an early-'80s set regardless of the set's actual, y'know, quality::)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2007, 12:03:32 AM »
12/21/2007 - FRIDAY!!! Ten tunes from...1972!!

1.  Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays the Fool   
2.  Procul Harum - Conquistador   
3.  Raspberries - Go All the Way   
4.  Hollies - Long Dark Road   
5.  Jethro Tull - Christmas Song (BEST OF SET!!)   
6.  Al Green - I'm Still in Love With You   
7.  Crosby & Nash - Immigration Man   
8.  Elton John - Honky Cat   
9.  English Congregation - Softly Whispering I Love You   
10.  Gary Glitter - Rock & Roll, Parts 1 & 2   

BONUS TRACK:  Who - Join Together

And that brings us up to date. Sorry for all the "forum reordering" posts but as we'd missed 6 out of the last 10 set lists I figured it was worth it while they were still on the KFOG site. See y'all in 10 hours for the Xmas card set!
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 09:06:36 AM »
Sorry for all the "forum reordering" posts but as we'd missed 6 out of the last 10 set lists I figured it was worth it while they were still on the KFOG site. See y'all in 10 hours for the Xmas card set!

Bless you, my son! Fine work, we appreciate it.