Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

10@10: Alternative Takes

<< < (2/210) > >>

CapnJack:
Another complaint, but this one is probably directed at DC...

Not taking requests or suggestions on Facebook (or email).

RGMike:

--- Quote from: CapnJack on March 29, 2013, 08:11:30 AM ---Another complaint, but this one is probably directed at DC...

Not taking requests or suggestions on Facebook (or email).

--- End quote ---

It's funny, really, how stations fall all over themselves to have a "social media presence" and to *appear* to be interacting with the audience, but AL actually DID that, in spades, and spent many hours each week at it, and suddenly Cumulus was like "wait, you're actually playing songs the listeners ask for? WTF?"

We tend to dump on RR for her "I don't do social media" thing, but I'm sure DC was very happy to let the FB-request thing die. I'd've loved to be a fly-on-the-wall during his arguments  with AL about the songs she played that he disapproved of.

urth:

--- Quote from: Big Fingers McGee on March 29, 2013, 05:53:37 AM ---General list of complaints which are specific to RR (and I'm even giving her a very reluctant pass on her rather uninteresting setlists):

1) Pathetic social media interaction.
2) Clips that are:
     i) too long
    ii) not really relevant
3) Songs being played in wrong (and in many cases multiple) years.
4) Amount of errors, both on the technical and the factual.
5) Lack of sense of humor about #1-4.

--- End quote ---

One more: the uninspired, cookie-cutter, by-the-numbers (literally) script she reads as a backsell after each set. "...the XXth song of our set today...."  More evidence that she hasn't spoken an original thought on-air since the Clinton administration.

Big Fingers McGee:

--- Quote from: urth on March 29, 2013, 10:34:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: Big Fingers McGee on March 29, 2013, 05:53:37 AM ---General list of complaints which are specific to RR (and I'm even giving her a very reluctant pass on her rather uninteresting setlists):

2) Clips that are:
     i) too long
    ii) not really relevant

--- End quote ---

One more: the uninspired, cookie-cutter, by-the-numbers (literally) script she reads as a backsell after each set. "...the XXth song of our set today...."  More evidence that she hasn't spoken an original thought on-air since the Clinton administration.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Urth. This, very specifically this. For all the excuses given RR ("oh DC is making her do this"), the very least she could do is make it sound as if she cares.

radical347:

--- Quote from: Big Fingers McGee on March 29, 2013, 10:53:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: urth on March 29, 2013, 10:34:30 AM ---

2) Clips that are:
     i) too long
    ii) not really relevant

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks Urth. This, very specifically this. For all the excuses given RR ("oh DC is making her do this"), the very least she could do is make it sound as if she cares.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this.  I just don't think she's ever sounded very good on air and especially not very good handling KFOG's signature show.

#s 3 and 4 are the really big pet peeves of mine.  I can probably tolerate some songs being one year off, but some of her songs are off by 3 years.  :-/  That makes it sound less like a show about highlighting one year and more like a KFOX or Alice sample hour.

I'm willing to give her a pass for #2.  I agree that a lot of them are too long but she--or is it Icky?  Is he even still around?--actually has had a bunch of clever/relevant clips, in my opinion.  AL and Dave's weren't always relevant either and AL's production was kind of shaky for the first year or so.  In fact, interestingly enough I think AL's production & clips only started getting *really* good after DC laid the smack down about song selection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version