Author Topic: Ree-ree at the Fillmore  (Read 7035 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Ree-ree at the Fillmore
« on: February 17, 2005, 09:57:57 AM »
No, not now, silly. In 1971.

Rhino Handmade is releasing a four-disc set of her performances with King Curtis (and Ray Charles sittin' in) at the "Fillmore West theater" in "the heart of the Haight-Ashbury." (Some copywriter at Rhino/WEA should really consult a map--neither the Fillmore or the Fillmore West were anywhere near the Haight.)

Anyway, here's a link for more details:
http://www.rhinohandmade.com/browse/ProductLink.lasso?Number=7890

A mere $79.98 will get you one of 5,000 limited-edition copies. Very tempting, but not at that price.

Btw, if you've ever noticed the photo of Aretha that's hanging in the lobby (or is it the bar?)at the Fillmore, you'll recall that it's a mirror image of the one that's on the cover. They flopped it.
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Ree-ree at the Fillmore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 10:06:27 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
No, not now, silly. In 1971.

Rhino Handmade is releasing a four-disc set of her performances with King Curtis (and Ray Charles sittin' in) at the "Fillmore West theater" in "the heart of the Haight-Ashbury." (Some copywriter at Rhino/WEA should really consult a map--neither the Fillmore or the Fillmore West were anywhere near the Haight.)

Anyway, here's a link for more details:
http://www.rhinohandmade.com/browse/ProductLink.lasso?Number=7890

A mere $79.98 will get you one of 5,000 limited-edition copies. Very tempting, but not at that price.

Btw, if you've ever noticed the photo of Aretha that's hanging in the lobby (or is it the bar?)at the Fillmore, you'll recall that it's a mirror image of the one that's on the cover. They flopped it.

wow. they will be gone fast, i'm sure. i'll wait to download it. :)
i don't think i would pay $80 to see re-re live now. not even at the fillmore in the tenderloin.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Ree-ree at the Fillmore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 10:08:05 AM »
1. Where was the other Fillmore?  (i.e., not the one on Geary)

2. Wait a couple weeks, you'll find one of those handmades at Amoeba at 25% off.  Always happens that way.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Ree-ree at the Fillmore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 10:14:19 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
1. Where was the other Fillmore?  (i.e., not the one on Geary)

2. Wait a couple weeks, you'll find one of those handmades at Amoeba at 25% off.  Always happens that way.

1. The Fillmore West (the successor to the Fillmore Auditorium) was at Market and Van Ness. It's now the San Francisco Honda dealership.

2. I suspect you're right. Will keep an eye out--timing is everything!
Let's get right to it.