Author Topic: Slow night here  (Read 7221 times)

Gaz at the Voice

Slow night here
« on: February 14, 2005, 07:53:28 PM »
Random note #1: Jeff Garcia released by the Browns!  OMGWTF!  Wonder if he'll return to SF?  Also worth noting that SFGate's story on this cited Garcia's "inability to adjust to the Cleveland lifestyle after spending his whole career in the Bay Area" -- if that's not pink codespeak, I don't know what is.

Random note #2: One of the other copy editors noted that we're running an obituary article on Arthur Miller, but not one on Ossie Davis.  WTF?, he declared.  My response: "Well, if we run one, I hope the headline is Ossie Dead People.

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Slow night here
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 10:16:52 PM »
Quote from: "Gaz at the Voice"
if that's not pink codespeak, I don't know what is.
Now I realize that nothing anyone does in public proves who they are in private, but Jeff seems to have landed quite a Cleveland girl as a girlfriend:

http://www.playboy.com/playmates/pmoy/pmoy2004/qa.html
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 07:35:51 AM »
Random note #1: Jeff Garcia released by the Browns!  OMGWTF!  Wonder if he'll return to SF?  Also worth noting that SFGate's story on this cited Garcia's "inability to adjust to the Cleveland lifestyle after spending his whole career in the Bay Area" -- if that's not pink codespeak, I don't know what is.

Oh yeah, it's a lot harder to be closeted in Cleveland  :lol:  The girlfriend is old news, BTW.

If you're right about the "pink codespeak", then everybody in the NFL must know -- so what team (aside from SF) would want him?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 07:48:59 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
The girlfriend is old news, BTW.
I just haven't been keeping track of Garcia's sex life, but I do remember when TO was making accusations.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 07:56:01 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Quote from: "RGMike"
The girlfriend is old news, BTW.
I just haven't been keeping track of Garcia's sex life, but I do remember when TO was making accusations.

Indeed, the girlfriend magically materialized after the first comments were made. Sorta like the Mike Piazza thing.

And understand that neither Gaz nor I are the sort of guys who think "everybody's a closet case", but we gay guys do get more than a bit cynical when it come to celebrities.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 08:33:36 AM »
My response: "Well, if we run one, I hope the headline is Ossie Dead People.

:) i'll have to figure a way to work that into everydayspeak.