Author Topic: Thursday March 24--it's 1988  (Read 20077 times)

Alicat as Alicat

Thursday March 24--it's 1988
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2005, 03:17:46 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
hey, is this ian mccullough? "neither here nor there."

where's mshray? he would know.

Sorry gang.  I apparently tore a muscle in my calf yesterday while playing hookie in the city (on my way into Amoeba Records, no less).  Today is all about doctor visits & getting fitted for crutches.  No camping trip this weekend with the extended family afterall.

The only upside, I'll qualify for a temporary handicapped parking pass.

I think the song in question is the Church, if I'm right Dave played it once last year.

catch y'all tomorrow.

Well, that will cancel tonights Great America escapade for you. I got four tickets but not planning to go. I wouldn't get there till after 6pm and just can't figure out what the point in going would be. I'm feeling slighlty old and cranky today.
Get better soon!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thursday March 24--it's 1988
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2005, 09:56:47 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat as Alicat"

Well, that will cancel tonights Great America escapade for you. I got four tickets but not planning to go. I wouldn't get there till after 6pm and just can't figure out what the point in going would be. I'm feeling slighlty old and cranky today.
Get better soon!

Au contraire, I still went, chatted with Greg, Renee, Peter, Dave & Rosalie.  I saw the Collective Soul show & it turned out that the 2 guys in front of my in line work at one of my main customers (SanDisk) & we knew people in common.  So I had someone to hang with & sit with at the show.  My cousin was supposed to join me, but at the last minute he got sent away on a business trip.

Collective Soul started a bit slow, but got going towards the end & eventually had the whole place rocking.  For their penultimate song they actually got a large chunk of the audience up on stage with them, like at least 100 people!  The sound was badly mixed though.  I was in the 4th row somewhat to the left, where the lead guitarist hung out, and for the life of me I could never be sure I was able to hear anything that the rhythm guitarist on the other side was doing.  Vocals were mixed in a bit too low as well.

But even a mediocre show isn't too bad when it's free & you're in the 4th row.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010