Author Topic: 24 Feb 2009: Happy "Fat Tuesday"! (in 1977)  (Read 14006 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 24 Feb 2009: Happy "Fat Tuesday"! (in 1977)
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
God I hope not.  I still like Lake, and I'm done with Kihn now.

He sings a mean anthem at Sharks games.

Oh, I just saw Ali's comments -- he was pro-Prop 8?

That's what you miss for not being on Facebook.  Ali started a boycott KUFX group over this.  I'm sure she has the deets headed your way.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:06 AM »
S-T-A-A-A-A-A-R  W-A-A-A-A-A-RS!!! Nothing but S-T-A-A-A-A-A-R  W-A-A-A-A-A-RS!!!

Bill Murray JINX!

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »

Yep, and he spoke out on-air yesterday about Milk winning Best Actor and Best Orig. Screenplay:

From his KUFX blog:
Nobody in the known universe takes themselves as seriously as these people. You'd have thought they came up with a cure for cancer last night! Sean Penn insulted me and everyone else that voted their conscience on Prop 8. Wow! This is pretty entertaining stuff. Leave it to Hollywierd to honor this bunch. I have never been so uninspired to go to the movies in my life. I can truly say I have no desire to see any of these movies. I spent most of the evening watching Patton (with George C. Scott)on another channel and switching back and forth between that and the awards. What a contrast! Patton came out in 1970 and won 7 academy awards. Have things changed that much? Yes!

I miss John Wayne.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

That's what you miss for not being on Facebook.  Ali started a boycott KUFX group over this.  I'm sure she has the deets headed your way.
Go to the KFOX page, Greg's blog and see his apology and then his post yesterday about Milk and Penn. He was an outrageous ahole on the air. Way over the top and I know he meant what he said.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »
His apology:
Outrage!
Tuesday 02-24-2009 7:45am PT
What a storm or controversy I stirred up yesterday with my comments on Sean Penn and his speech at the Oscars.  First off, I would like to APOLOGIZE to anyone I offended.  That was not my intention.  I am not against gay people, I had a gay guy in my band for many years.  I like gay people!  I work with gays and have many gay friends.  I am not particularly fond of Sean Penn in general, but he's got the right to get up there and express his views.  That's what free speech is all about!   Thank God we live in a free society where people can say what they think without fear.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2009, 11:07:57 AM »

Go to the KFOX page, Greg's blog and see his apology and then his post yesterday about Milk and Penn. He was an outrageous ahole on the air. Way over the top and I know he meant what he said.

I rarely listen to K-FOX; once in a great while in the car (on the way to a Sharks game)... their signal doesn't come in well in my house.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2009, 01:15:03 PM »
His apology:
Outrage!
What a storm or controversy I stirred up yesterday with my comments on Sean Penn and his speech at the Oscars.  First off, I would like to APOLOGIZE to anyone I offended.  That was not my intention.  I am not against gay people, I had a gay guy in my band for many years.  I like gay people!  I work with gays and have many gay friends.  I am not particularly fond of Sean Penn in general, but he's got the right to get up there and express his views.  That's what free speech is all about!   Thank God we live in a free society where people can say what they think without fear.

Jeez, how much more cliched of an apology could that be? It's the old "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are Negroes" argument. Yeah, right, buddy. You're a homophobe and you pretty much admitted it in public. Take a hike.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »
His apology:
Outrage!

Jeez, how much more cliched of an apology could that be? It's the old "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are Negroes" argument. Yeah, right, buddy. You're a homophobe and you pretty much admitted it in public. Take a hike.

seriously. 

it actually would've been worse had he said something like "I'm truly sorry anyone was offended by my remarks," which is  the non-apology you hear too often by people.
~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »

It's the old "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are Negroes" argument. Yeah, right, buddy. You're a homophobe and you pretty much admitted it in public. Take a hike.

As I'm sure you all know, the old rejoinder to that "Some of my best friends are _____" argument is "Well, would you let your daughter marry one?" 

Greg Kihn is now on record saying that he & his conscience would say "NO".  And that makes all the difference.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2009, 03:39:21 PM »
2/24/09 - Tuesday!  Spinning away to...1977!!!

1.  10cc - The Things We Do For Love
   2.  Eric Clapton - The Core
   3.  Lynyrd Skynyrd - I Know a Little
   4.  Pablo Cruise - A Place in the Sun
   5.  Graham Parker - Hold Back the Night (BEST OF SET!!)
   6.  Fleetwood Mac - I Don't Want to Know
   7.  Ram Jam - Black Betty
   8.  Foreigner - Cold as Ice
   9.  Doobie Brothers - Echoes of Love
 10.  Meco - Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band

BONUS TRACK:  Steely Dan - Peg