Author Topic: Replay/Marathon Reflections 3/12/05  (Read 3297 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Replay/Marathon Reflections 3/12/05
« on: March 12, 2005, 12:57:28 PM »
It occurred to me last nite that maybe Friday's '85 set wasn't a rerun -- it wasn't identified as such and it certainly didn't ring any bells. But I agree, it was the best '85 set in ages. Meanwhile Dave's juxtaposition of Reagan talking about freedom contrasted with AIDS clips was inspired (I keep hoping some interviewer will ask Dubya about the disconnect between his preaching "democracy" for the rest of the world while our own civil liberties keep eroding, not to mention the freedom to marry).

elsewhere... There Are No Coincidences, Gaz Favorites Division: earlier on Oldies 1510, back-to-back we heard

Cher, "Bang Bang"
4 Seasons, "C'mon Marianne"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Two out of three ain't bad
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 01:28:27 PM »
Anyone record yesterday's '85 set? I was hoping that it was gonna be the set in between the '73 and '74 sets that I caught when I turned the recorder on at 8:30 this am, but on playing it back I see I got 1983 instead--ho hum  :( . Not that I'm not pleased to have gotten either of the other aforementioned shows (:D), but literally, this is the first 1985 set in the 6+ years that I've been listening to 10@10 regularly that I thought was worth hearing again. (Couldn't get last night's replay as I had relatives visiting and we didn't get back from dinner til nearly 10:30.)
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Two out of three ain't bad
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 08:26:38 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Anyone record yesterday's '85 set? I was hoping that it was gonna be the set in between the '73 and '74 sets that I caught when I turned the recorder on at 8:30 this am, but on playing it back I see I got 1983 instead--ho hum  :( . Not that I'm not pleased to have gotten either of the other aforementioned shows (:D), but literally, this is the first 1985 set in the 6+ years that I've been listening to 10@10 regularly that I thought was worth hearing again. (Couldn't get last night's replay as I had relatives visiting and we didn't get back from dinner til nearly 10:30.)

I got up early enough as long as it wasn't the first set, but as luck would have it...

Turned on the radio at 7:15 in time for "Green Grow The Rushes".
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Replay/Marathon Reflections 3/12/05
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 08:43:19 AM »
i recorded the '85 and '73 sets. though the '85 begins just after "radioactive" begins. and i accidentally bought 60 min. cassettes, so there's a slight pause for reversal.

anyhoo, if anyone wants them, they're up for grabs! or if someone can transfer them to digital, that would be neat-o.