Author Topic: 1981 on Tuesday March 1  (Read 24223 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Santana covering Dire Straits
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2005, 12:37:58 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
The Russ Ballard orig of "Winning" predates Dire Straits, BTW.
not sure I've ever heard it.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2005, 12:39:12 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "ggould"
Did you hear him on the Oscars?  Same solo, different song.

ok. i know i watched the oscars. and i remember his leather pants. but i can't remember what he was playing or with whom.

sad, really...
he played while Antonio Banderas sang.  This is not a typo.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2005, 12:45:07 PM »
Did you hear him on the Oscars?  Same solo, different song.

ok. i know i watched the oscars. and i remember his leather pants. but i can't remember what he was playing or with whom.

sad, really...
he played while Antonio Banderas sang.  This is not a typo.

oh, right. no surprise i blocked it out. i was wondering why they let those two hoodlums (banderas and griffith) inside.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2005, 12:56:24 PM »
oh, right. no surprise i blocked it out. i was wondering why they let those two hoodlums (banderas and griffith) inside.

Melanie Griffith looks weirder every time I see her. Sunday it looked like she had two slugs crawling across her face, and her eyebrows never moved once.
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2005, 01:07:13 PM »
Quote from: "urth"

Melanie Griffith looks weirder every time I see her. Sunday it looked like she had two slugs crawling across her face, and her eyebrows never moved once.

i think they're involved in some strange sex cult. sort of like the grandparents in the da vinci code, with a little heroin mixed in.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2005, 01:19:05 PM »

And her skin was 'more orange than an orange'!  Although flipping through the IMDb pix looking for a Jenny Lumet sighting, I came across more than a couple of Dona Versace looking far weirder than Melanie G.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1981 on Tuesday March 1
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2005, 04:53:45 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Btw, gang--I'm on vacay for the week starting tomorrow. Goin' to NYC, gonna hang with Gaz. Back next Wed.

Have fun -- NYC looks lovely after it snows. Seriously.

Don't know where you're staying but I recommend breakfast at either Elephant & Castle (Greenwich Ave near 12th) or NoHo Star (Bleecker & Lafayette) and of course a hot dog (or 3, they're cheap) at Gray's Papaya or Papaya King (all over town).  And if you do dinner with Gaz in his 'hood, make sure you go to Rocco's for dessert.  Gaz can direct you to the great used record stores of NY, I'm sure.

I just hope we get there while the snow is still white, and not turned to grey and black.

Thanks for the breakfast tips--last time I was there breakfast was the toughest meal to find something good if you didn't know where to go, and wanted something more than just a bagel (MMMmmmm--H&H!).  We're staying in the Union Square area--17th & 2nd, so NoHo Star is not too far away.
Let's get right to it.