Author Topic: 2 April 2008--it's 1983  (Read 12854 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 2 April 2008--it's 1983
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 10:39:43 AM »
I've got some errands, so I'm about to disappear wit'out o trace...  But this is Dave's best '83 set in some time.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »
I'm this close to giving my overall BOS vote to BJ's paean to Christie.

I bet a lot of people these days think she's married to Chuck Norris.

? ? ? ?  (no idea what that means)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
I'm this close to giving my overall BOS vote to BJ's paean to Christie.
oh, go ahead!

another Seaside Rendezvous??

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »

I bet a lot of people these days think she's married to Chuck Norris.

? ? ? ?  (no idea what that means)

They team up to do infomercials for exercise equipment.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008, 10:43:53 AM »
But this is Dave's best '83 set in some time.

Indeed--we've had three strong sets so far this week and it's only Wednesday. (I'm inclined to vote yesterday's set as Set o' the Week (so far) but no telling what the rest of the week holds.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »
We're getting a post-set but pre-Annalisa 83 bonus track--Eddie G' rockin' down to Electric Avenue.

OK, not so much of a bonus. But 83 lives on.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 11:02:31 AM »
We're getting a post-set but pre-Annalisa 83 bonus track--Eddie G' rockin' down to Electric Avenue.

and now here's Mr Henley again, ending the innocence -- and last nite we got double Zevon: 10 mins after "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" appeared on 10@10, "Werewolves" popped up. KFOG needs a continuity person.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »

and now here's Mr Henley again, ending the innocence -- and last nite we got double Zevon: 10 mins after "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" appeared on 10@10, "Werewolves" popped up. KFOG needs a continuity person.

Hell, since 98% of their music is on a hard drive, they could just write a script that would detect if a certain artist had been played in, say, the last hour or two, and kick said artist out of the rotation for a preset length of time (with a manual override of course, in case someone dies or something). I bet Darryl could write one in his sleep.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 11:36:02 AM »

Hell, since 98% of their music is on a hard drive, they could just write a script that would detect if a certain artist had been played in, say, the last hour or two, and kick said artist out of the rotation for a preset length of time (with a manual override of course, in case someone dies or something). I bet Darryl could write one in his sleep.

I'm guessing that 10@10 is not on the hard drive as a list of songs -- that's why the songs Dave plays during the set don't show up on the "just played" generator.  He likes to assemble it "live" from many pieces (whereas Ginger and Bob have fewer pieces and less creative control, so their 10@10 songs show up on their respective "just played" lists as they air, 'cause the songs are preloaded). The digtially-recorded replay is in the computer as a single 45-minute event, rather than 10 separate songs. So unless someone is paying attention... and I assume Big Rick is out the door as soon as the replay starts.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »

I'm guessing that 10@10 is not on the hard drive as a list of songs -- that's why the songs Dave plays during the set don't show up on the "just played" generator.  He likes to assemble it "live" from many pieces (whereas Ginger and Bob have fewer pieces and less creative control, so their 10@10 songs show up on their respective "just played" lists as they air, 'cause the songs are preloaded). The digtially-recorded replay is in the computer as a single 45-minute event, rather than 10 separate songs. So unless someone is paying attention... and I assume Big Rick is out the door as soon as the replay starts.

agreed, but I'm also sure Urth's right about Darryl being able to write a script like that in his sleep.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 08:58:39 PM »
04/02/2008 - Wednesday! Awesome!! 1983!!

1.   Naked Eyes - Always Something There to Remind Me      
2.   Don Henley - Dirty Laundry      
3.   Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf      
4.   Tubes - Theme Park      
5.   Human League - (Keep Feelin') Fascination      
6.   Michael Jackson - Billie Jean      
7.   Tears for Fears - Change (BEST OF SET!!)      
8.   Neil Young - Wonderin'      
9.   Billy Joel - Uptown Girl      
10.   Burning Sensations - Belly of the Whale      

BONUS TRACK:  English Beat - Save it For Later

MOVIE: War Games

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!