Author Topic: "Sweet Kat-rotion"  (Read 7184 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
"Sweet Kat-rotion"
« on: February 11, 2005, 09:49:19 AM »
when did Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" become the new "Killer Queen"? Damn they play it a lot.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: "Sweet Kat-rotion"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 10:02:58 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
when did Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" become the new "Killer Queen"? Damn they play it a lot.

I know!  I went out to get some breakfast when it came on, and on the way was wondering when it became such a "classic."  It's no "Train Kept a Rollin'," that's for sure.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 10:08:15 AM »
Quote from: "Rod"

I know!  I went out to get some breakfast when it came on, and on the way was wondering when it became such a "classic."  It's no "Train Kept a Rollin'," that's for sure.

When I was in NYC in Nov (I may have mentioned this before), the classic rocker there, Q-104, played it Every. Single. Time. I tuned them in. So it must be on some master list of songs that "test well".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 10:56:14 AM »

When I was in NYC in Nov (I may have mentioned this before), the classic rocker there, Q-104, played it Every. Single. Time. I tuned them in. So it must be on some master list of songs that "test well".

Blame Richard Linklater. Sweet Emotion was used heavily in Dazed and Confused, which has become something of a Big Chill for the 70s generation.
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 11:43:14 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

Blame Richard Linklater. Sweet Emotion was used heavily in Dazed and Confused, which has become something of a Big Chill for the 70s generation.

I still haven't seen that movie (D&C, I've seen BC).  I mean, just the name describes my high school days, it would seem a perfect fit.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing