Author Topic: KHUM/CG/KPOO/KCDX/VIP/LNG etc week of 1/15/07  (Read 7339 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KHUM/CG/KPOO/KCDX/VIP/LNG etc week of 1/15/07
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 02:34:20 PM »
highlight of the afternoon: Joe South, "Games People Play"

"and ya don't give a da, da, da da dadadada..."
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 09:09:16 AM »
From the sublime to the ridiculous and back again on VIP:

Chairmen of the Board, "Dangling on a String", followed by the Osmonds "One Bad Apple" (which the Brits apparently consider "Northern Soul" because... it's a J-5 ripoff?) followed by the fabulous "Love Makes a Woman" by Barbara Acklin.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:52:06 AM »
Been tuning in to the BCO A-Z in lieu of Ginger's 10@10 most days this week, and it appears that it is going to run into next week as well--they're only up to "H" so far. Good that they're doing such an extensive A-Z but bad that we're deprived of Ginger's mastery for another several days.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 11:34:14 AM »
God Bless KPIG -- I swear thay must keep a copy of Joni's Blue in the studio at all times, it seems like they're always playing something from it. This morning it was "A Case of You".  Probably my favorite of Ms Mitchell's LPs.

And it was followed by the UNcensored version of John Hiatt's "Master of Disaster" -- still amazing to me that KFOG censored the word "bastard".  I read an article about that water-drinking contest in Sac'to that resulted in death, they're saying that it will have the same effect on "wacky" Morning Zoo-style stunts as the Janet Jackson thing had on censorship issues.  The article mentioned that album rock stations that had been playing "Who Are You" uncensored for 25 years were suddenly bleeping the F-word.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
God Bless KPIG -- I swear thay must keep a copy of Joni's Blue in the studio at all times, it seems like they're always playing something from it. This morning it was "A Case of You".  Probably my favorite of Ms Mitchell's LPs.

Meant to post yesterday that I tuned in the KFOG morning show just in time to hear Dave play Joni's Chelsea Morning (and several subsequent calls of gratitude from various listeners). I assume there must have been some sort of related discussion prior to its being unearthed.
Let's get right to it.