Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 3/2/09  (Read 3252 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 3/2/09
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:49:06 AM »
switched over to KCDX, and here's a NTM It's a Beautiful Day track called "Girl With No Eyes".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 3/2/09
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:43:18 AM »
early contender for OMGWTFLOL-of-the-Week: Suzi Quatro, "If You Can't Give me Love".

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »
Damn, I never knew the theme from "Peter Gunn" had lyrics, but here's Sarah Vaughan on KPOO singin' 'em!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 01:01:40 PM »
lawd! Ray Parker wanna grab his, er, gee-tar -- and play with it all nite long.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
NTM: the bar-kays, "freaky behavior" -- as shameless a ripoff of Rick James as I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPwooqUUlU

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »
Judge plays "I-O-U" by Freeez, an '80s club and "urban radio" smash that never crossed over to pop.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
'LNG plays Poison's fab "Talk Dirty to Me" -- boy would this brighten up one of Dave's '87 sets.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »
Surprise of the Week: KMTT, the Seattle Triple-A that's doing the "Top Rip-Offs" feature, just played Raphael Saddiq's "100 Yard Dash" in regular rotation.  Almost makes up for the Jason Mraz/Adele tag-team they seem to play hourly. Would that KFOG had been adventurous enuf to play Saddiq's fabulous retro-soul CD, The Way I See It.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »
Surprise of the Week: KMTT, the Seattle Triple-A that's doing the "Top Rip-Offs" feature, just played Raphael Saddiq's "100 Yard Dash" in regular rotation.  Almost makes up for the Jason Mraz/Adele tag-team they seem to play hourly. Would that KFOG had been adventurous enuf to play Saddiq's fabulous retro-soul CD, The Way I See It.

I must say that, as wonderful as this "top Rip-offs" feature has been, Listening to KMTT all day has been a very mixed bag; it reminds me of why i don't listen to KFOG outside of mornings. I've heard enuf Counting Crows this week to last a lifetime, and don't even get me started on Snow Patrol and The Fray. I hear "Take Back The City" and "You Found Me" (and sometimes both) Every. Fucking. Morning between 6 and 7. And I've heard each twice more from KMTT.

OTOH, Raphael Saddiq is doing a "live from the playspace" type thing on KMTT at around 3:15.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:50:21 PM by RGMike »

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 08:55:29 AM »
I thinks it's SOOOOO groovy now, that WLNG is playing "Reach Out in the Darkness".

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »

"100 Yard Dash" was the song from that album I chose for my Best of '08 mix.  Mike, I would have sent you a copy, but it has 3 Jason Mraz songs on it.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 09:32:54 AM »

"100 Yard Dash" was the song from that album I chose for my Best of '08 mix.  Mike, I would have sent you a copy, but it has 3 Jason Mraz songs on it.

LOL! Actually, I bought the Saddiq CD (on your recommendation) and found it quite wonderful  And certainly if KFOG can play Duffy (and now Adele) endlessly, they could've found room for something by Saddiq.  Maybe he should change his name to Raphael Colbie Feistiq.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 03:09:19 PM »
Listening to a recent Vin Scelsa show, and he plays a NTM Dylan cut, "Most of the Time", an alternate version of a song that was orig on Oh Mercy, but this version sounds like it woulda fit right in on Blood on the Tracks. Damn, that was excellent.