Author Topic: Tues 7/12/05 -- it's 1979  (Read 17804 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Tues 7/12/05 -- it's 1979
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2005, 10:46:33 AM »
"doodie bubble" were bobby's exact words, btw.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2005, 10:52:01 AM »
BTW Beej I saw F4 last nite. Very bad. To call it "cheezy" is an insult to cheeze. It belongs on the Sci-Fi Channel. VERY late at nite.

Yikes. That's bad. I don't know which is worse: SciFi Channel Original movies or watching The Browns talk about.. er... "the browns"....

ew.
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Janie Jane Jane
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
who has the ipod in your avatar, gaz? jay from jamiroquai or aunt esther?

The Queen Mum -- but inspired guesses, both.

Meanwhile, what the HELL are you talking about with Bobby and Whitney's doodie-bubble?!?

ah, yes. i remember the hat now.

one highlight i forgot to mention when reviewing "being bobby brown": after bobby broke into the wrong side of a minibar with a screwdriver, he and whitney had some crackhead discussion about him having to remove blockage from her rear end. then she mentioned something about dating someone who had a feces fetish (i think that's what she was saying). then bobby ran around the hotel room trying to figure out who it was. he decided it was eddie murphy, so he wrote eddie's name down on a notepad.

i was traumatized.

and America is, you should pardon the expression, eating it all up with a spoon.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2005, 10:58:24 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
The only thing missing from this set, now that we've covered so many genre bases?  Closing with the Buzzcocks' "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone That You Shouldn't've)."

Now THAT would rule. Has DM ever played that in a 10@10 before? Make a fine nugget, that would.

If anyone has that song, y'alls know where to email me.

Same goes for the Walker Bros.' "Make It Easy on Yourself" -- I can't find any WB comps around here, even at the Virgin Megastore.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2005, 11:01:56 AM »
The only thing missing from this set, now that we've covered so many genre bases?  Closing with the Buzzcocks' "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone That You Shouldn't've)."

Now THAT would rule. Has DM ever played that in a 10@10 before? Make a fine nugget, that would.

Same goes for the Walker Bros.' "Make It Easy on Yourself" -- I can't find any WB comps around here, even at the Virgin Megastore.

Surely there's a Buzzcocks comp floating around?  if so, grab it, there's more to them than that song.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2005, 11:15:50 AM »
Bonus! Squeeze, "Cool For Cats". Nice choice!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2005, 11:23:34 AM »

Can't help with the Walker Bros. but I think we've got a Buzzcocks disc or two at home. I'll try to remember to dig it out tonight.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2005, 11:55:04 AM »

There's a great series of various artist compilations under the heading D.I.Y., one of which D.I.Y.: Starrry Eyes: UK Pop II (1978-79) includes "Girl Of My Dreams", "Ever Fallen In Love" as well as the title track by The Records.  If you see it snap it up.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Walker Bros
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2005, 11:55:28 AM »

Can't help with the Walker Bros. but I think we've got a Buzzcocks disc or two at home. I'll try to remember to dig it out tonight.

I know they were pretty derivative, in a derivative field, but I always liked that song.  Didn't they have another hit?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Walker Bros
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2005, 12:00:33 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"

I know they were pretty derivative, in a derivative field, but I always liked that song.  Didn't they have another hit?

yes, "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore",  their best-known song, a fabulous Spector-esque single a la "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling".