Author Topic: Quote of the Week  (Read 3941 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Quote of the Week
« on: March 04, 2005, 07:42:45 AM »
A Foghead called the Morning show to request "Not-So-Sweet Martha Lorraine" by Country Joe & the Fish. She told Dave, "you never play that one on 10@10".  Dave said he HAD played it, last year (?? anyone remember hearing that?) and then he said:

"We don't play songs over and over again on 10@10"

!?!

Guess FYC doesn't count...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Quote of the Week
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 08:49:37 AM »
Given time, I could make a small list. There are Katrinas that get played every year. There's a specific one, might be the year of Love Rolly-coaster. Dave usually ends sets with it. I'm thinking it's a beach song or a Jersey song. aarrghhh, brain lapse. Need coffee.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Quote of the Week
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 10:51:29 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
A Foghead called the Morning show to request "Not-So-Sweet Martha Lorraine" by Country Joe & the Fish. She told Dave, "you never play that one on 10@10".  Dave said he HAD played it, last year (?? anyone remember hearing that?) and then he said:

!?!

I've actually heard that song twice this week on the Psychedelic station I mentioned in the CG forum.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 04:18:30 PM »

!?!

Well, considering how infrequently we visit 1967,  I have no idea.  Maybe it's played a high percentage of the time in that sense.  I'd love to hear it, or anything else off that record (Masked Marauder, Section 43, etc.)
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 11:12:02 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"

!?!

Well, considering how infrequently we visit 1967,  I have no idea.  Maybe it's played a high percentage of the time in that sense.  I'd love to hear it, or anything else off that record (Masked Marauder, Section 43, etc.)

Indeed, we visited '67 ONCE last year... and maybe he did play "Martha Lorraine" then. But jeez.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Quote of the Week
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 12:26:49 PM »
I don't think he did -- maybe Dave misheard as "Martha My Dear"?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”