Main Discussion Area > Mondegreens, My 3 Songs, Other Trivia

Gazoo's Non-Three-Songs Trivia

<< < (4/23) > >>

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Tinka_Cat on November 17, 2008, 02:22:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: mshray on November 17, 2008, 01:50:48 PM ---I also know half of #1, along with only #4 & #12.  At first I thought #18 was the Steve Miller Band, but the dates don't work out.

--- End quote ---

One half of #1 is pretty easy (as easy as one-two-three, do-re-mi, etc.), but is the other half of #1 The Commodores' "Night Shift?"

eta:  Nope, I just checked -- and that song mentions Marvin (Gaye) and Jackie (Wilson).

--- End quote ---

which itself would be half the answer to "what two '80s hits mention Marvin by name?"

Tinka Cat:

--- Quote from: RGMike on November 17, 2008, 02:35:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: mshray on November 17, 2008, 01:50:48 PM ---I also know half of #1, along with only #4 & #12.  At first I thought #18 was the Steve Miller Band, but the dates don't work out.

--- End quote ---

One half of #1 is pretty easy (as easy as one-two-three, do-re-mi, etc.), but is the other half of #1 The Commodores' "Night Shift?"

eta:  Nope, I just checked -- and that song mentions Marvin (Gaye) and Jackie (Wilson).

--- End quote ---

which itself would be half the answer to "what two '80s hits mention Marvin by name?"

--- End quote ---

The answer to THAT is also the answer to Gaz's orig question.

princessofcairo:

--- End quote ---

the other half being spandau ballet's "true".

mshray:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nice way to beat around the bush on ABC.  I spent at least half a minute trying to get the reference (that's either a complement to both of us - if it takes me longer than 5 secs it usually means it's a stumper - or a clear sign that I'm losing my mind)

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Tinka_Cat on November 17, 2008, 02:54:00 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The answer to THAT is also the answer to Gaz's orig question.

--- End quote ---

OK, now I'm confused -- I'm thinking of "True", as the princess says above. But that song doesn't mention Smokey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version