Author Topic: KHUM/CG/KPOO/etcetcetc for the week of 2/12/07  (Read 10067 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KHUM/CG/KPOO/etcetcetc for the week of 2/12/07
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 10:15:47 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
OMFG, CJ & Co., "Devil's Gun", classic (and very cheezy) early disco and the first record ever played at Studio 54.

fee-fie-fo-fum!

I've never heard (of) this.  "Tell me more!"
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"
OMFG, CJ & Co., "Devil's Gun", classic (and very cheezy) early disco and the first record ever played at Studio 54.

fee-fie-fo-fum!

I've never heard (of) this.  "Tell me more!"

http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/CJ_Co.html

CJ & Co were Dennis Coffey's group (after the Detroit Guitar Band of "Scorpio" fame ended).
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 09:31:50 PM »
Any Little Steven show that starts with the Blues Magoos "We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet" is gonna be good, IMHO...

And he does not disappoint: first 4 tunes after the Magoos, "Vagrant Winter" (an early, raw Bob Seger and the Last Herd track, new to me); Dylan, "Tombstone Blues"; the Charms, "Broken Heart"; and the Yardbirds, "Happenings 10 Years Time Ago".  

Amazing.  And now we're into a salute to Geico, whose commercials Steven (who rarely watches TV) discovered during the football playoffs.  Little Richard, cavemen, it's all fodder for segues in the Underground Garage, baby!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »
Joel Selvin's gon' come 'round at 11 wit' some Puerto Rican girls that's just dyin' ta meetchoo!

Up late listening to Mr Selvin's show, and this week's theme is remixes of rock songs. Leading off with (what else?) the 12-inch of "Miss You", which Joel sez is not actually a remix, but a completely different alternate take. News to me.

Followed by some of that Cirque du Solieil Beatles thing, which Little Steven has been flogging for months.  I find it mildly interesting but it's not something I'd actually, y'know, buy.

And now the Paul Oakenfold Mix of U2's "Mysterious Ways"...