Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

Gray-Haired Ponytail Moment (formerly Come All Ye Grateful)

<< < (2/7) > >>

RGMike:
And to close out the weekend, Joel Selvin is doing a salute to Jeff Beck on his show on the Bone, er, I mean "KSAN Underground Radio." All sorts of tasty stuff from various points in his career.  Jeff plays with Rod, Jeff plays with Stevie, Jeff plays with himself... well, you know what I mean.

AND -- saving the best for last, he played Mr Beck backing up Lulu (!) on "Drown in My Own Tears" from the Scorsese PBS "Blues" docu. Wow!

mshray:
I heard some of Joel's show, the one that knocked me out was the instrumental cover of "Day In The Life", which JS in his inimitable style called one of the masterpieces of Beck's career.

Heard the first part of Little Steven's show, including that Tegan & Sara song that Mike said was a former "Coolest Song In The World".  After a few seconds I was sure that I'd ID'ed it correctly, and Little Steven confirmed that it's on their current album So Jealous, as is the track KFOG has now picked up from KCNL (which picked it up frm KROQ), "Walking With The Ghost".  Gonna have to check them out more, not least because Tegan & Sara are Canadian lesbian identical twins.

ggould:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---...Deadheads to Channel 9; KQED is showing The Grateful Dead Movie tonite for Pledge Month.
--- End quote ---
So, did you all catch me in the crowd shot during Sugar Magnolia?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "mshray" ---I heard some of Joel's show, the one that knocked me out was the instrumental cover of "Day In The Life", which JS in his inimitable style called one of the masterpieces of Beck's career.

Heard the first part of Little Steven's show, including that Tegan & Sara song that Mike said was a former "Coolest Song In The World".  After a few seconds I was sure that I'd ID'ed it correctly, and Little Steven confirmed that it's on their current album So Jealous, as is the track KFOG has now picked up from KCNL (which picked it up frm KROQ), "Walking With The Ghost".  Gonna have to check them out more, not least because Tegan & Sara are Canadian lesbian identical twins.
--- End quote ---

Indeed, I'd never heard that "Day in the Life" -- that album mostly got press for having godawful Beatle covers by Goldie Hawn & Robin Williams.

I first thought "Walking With the Ghost" was "Walking with the Goat" -- I figured it was a tribute to Stevie Nicks :wink:

princessofcairo:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---
I first thought "Walking With the Ghost" was "Walking with the Goat" -- I figured it was a tribute to Stevie Nicks :wink:
--- End quote ---

shut up. already. damn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version