Author Topic: Back to DDT  (Read 24764 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Ooooh! Mama! Can this really be the end?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2005, 08:09:56 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Would it be bad form to ask the Deadheads amongst us about the "Bob Weir-is-gay" rumors?  I had (straight) deadhead friends who repeated that rumor often back in the day ("Bob Queer" some people supposedly called him; "Weir as a 3-dollar bill", etc) and it was allegedly common knowledge.  I know that he got married relatively late in life.  Had you heard this or was it maybe an East Coast rumor?

well, who really knows what goes on in the deepest closets, but since I have spent some time with him (we were in business together) I can only tell you that it seems pretty silly, considering all the girls I've seen around him (before he was married of course!) and the way he would react to the pretty ones going by at a trade show.

How's that for a run-on sentence?

I think it's real common for that kind of rumor when the guy in question is a cutie-pie, which most girls seemed to think of Bobby as back in the day.

Oh well a touch of grey
Kind of suits you anyway
That was all I had to say
And it's alright
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Nice Pink Floyd tunes
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2005, 09:51:41 AM »
first Free Four, the Keep Talking

sweet
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Back to DDT
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2005, 09:56:13 AM »
Thanks, Geoff!

I'm not one of those everyone's-a-closet-case types; you hear rumors about a LOT of people. When they are repeated often enough from enough different sources (hello, Tom Cruise!), that's when you start to go "Hmmmm..." In some cases (Rock Hudson, for example) they later turn out to be true.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round