Author Topic: 10@10 - Discussion of KFOG's show in general  (Read 68467 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 10@10 - Discussion of KFOG's show in general
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2016, 02:28:36 PM »
I can't be the only one who's this irritated about the frequency of classics, right?

My assumption is that it has to do with some sort of personal matters going on in Annalisa's life, so while the "classics" aren't ideal, it's hard to be irritated about that. It can't be helped.

It appears this is actual paid vacay and that she's relaxing somewhere -- most of the time off last year when her mom was sick was unpaid leave. But we're 10 days into this particular streak of reruns so I hope she's back before the week ends.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2016, 02:32:48 PM »
I can't be the only one who's this irritated about the frequency of classics, right?

My assumption is that it has to do with some sort of personal matters going on in Annalisa's life, so while the "classics" aren't ideal, it's hard to be irritated about that. It can't be helped.

Yeah... although the idealist in me would like to see Dred pinch hit for her when she's out. Not gonna happen I realize. But I do think KFOG suffers when the reruns appear often - of course, given their audience, maybe they don't...

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

It appears this is actual paid vacay and that she's relaxing somewhere -- most of the time off last year when her mom was sick was unpaid leave. But we're 10 days into this particular streak of reruns so I hope she's back before the week ends.

I think we're in general agreement that we want AL to get her vacation and time off as needed. I just wish there was a better way to deal with it than running repeats.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2016, 02:50:34 PM »
the idealist in me would like to see Dred pinch hit for her when she's out. Not gonna happen I realize. But I do think KFOG suffers when the reruns appear often - of course, given their audience, maybe they don't...

Based on the comments posted on her FB page, a lot of folks have no idea she's away or that it's a rerun. I recall there were people who didn't know Morey had retired during that 6-month stretch of DM "classics" either.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »
the idealist in me would like to see Dred pinch hit for her when she's out. Not gonna happen I realize. But I do think KFOG suffers when the reruns appear often - of course, given their audience, maybe they don't...

Based on the comments posted on her FB page, a lot of folks have no idea she's away or that it's a rerun. I recall there were people who didn't know Morey had retired during that 6-month stretch of DM "classics" either.

Including some who we'd *think* should know better!

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »
although the idealist in me would like to see Dred pinch hit for her when she's out.

Or Sam Rockwell, man! He's done it before.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2016, 11:01:39 AM »
It used to be possible to stream old 10@10 shows from KFOG.com.  I went looking for yesterday's Year of the Monkey set, but can't find any of them on the website now.  Did I miss something?     :'(  :'(  :'(
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2016, 12:39:27 PM »
It used to be possible to stream old 10@10 shows from KFOG.com.  I went looking for yesterday's Year of the Monkey set, but can't find any of them on the website now.  Did I miss something?     :'(  :'(  :'(

Yeah,  that feature went away some months ago. Something about licensing and song rights.  For a while, they were making the songs (but not the clips) available on Rdio.com (which was part-owned by Cumulus) but now Rdio is dead so there's nuthin'. 

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2016, 10:30:03 AM »

Yeah,  that feature went away some months ago. Something about licensing and song rights.  For a while, they were making the songs (but not the clips) available on Rdio.com (which was part-owned by Cumulus) but now Rdio is dead so there's nuthin'.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. The posting of sets on their site started when the Saturday AM Marathon went away during the DC era, and actually was a pretty nice alternative, as it gave us the opportunity to go revisit sets at our convenience, or catch the ones we missed. I think the marathon is back, but now I really miss having them available at my convenience via Soundcloud.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2016, 06:12:25 PM »

Yeah, that kinda sucks. The posting of sets on their site started when the Saturday AM Marathon went away during the DC era, and actually was a pretty nice alternative, as it gave us the opportunity to go revisit sets at our convenience, or catch the ones we missed. I think the marathon is back, but now I really miss having them available at my convenience via Soundcloud.

If they do decide to start posting 10@10 recordings again, they may need to find a new service to host them. Things are looking tough for Soundcloud.

http://www.factmag.com/2016/02/11/soundcloud-financial-report-44m-losses/
Let's get right to it.