Author Topic: 19 April 2013: it's... 1977  (Read 5119 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2013: it's... 1977
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »
And I hadn't even
heard about the circus in Boston yet.  If you think my opinions on Bruce and
Neil are unpopular, just ask me about those events.

Excessive hyperbole?

I can't tell from your elliptical comment whether you're refering to my opinions, the media coverage,
or both.  In any case, I don't think sullying the public areas of this board with my thoughts on the
matter is the right course, particularly in the 10@10 section.  And I'm not sure if there's an appropriate
topic in another section.

For what it's worth, I think the media reaction to the Boston events was grossly overblown. Yes, it was a tragedy, nobody's questioning that. But the second coming of 9/11? Seriously?

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2013: it's... 1977
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 09:37:58 PM »
And I hadn't even
heard about the circus in Boston yet.  If you think my opinions on Bruce and
Neil are unpopular, just ask me about those events.

Excessive hyperbole?

I can't tell from your elliptical comment whether you're refering to my opinions, the media coverage,
or both.  In any case, I don't think sullying the public areas of this board with my thoughts on the
matter is the right course, particularly in the 10@10 section.  And I'm not sure if there's an appropriate
topic in another section.

For what it's worth, I think the media reaction to the Boston events was grossly overblown. Yes, it was a tragedy, nobody's questioning that. But the second coming of 9/11? Seriously?

Also notice that since the Boston events we haven't heard a peep from North Korea.