Author Topic: 10 Dec 2012: it's... 1988  (Read 6421 times)

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Dec 2012: it's... ??
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »
It's '88 and so far it's been Smithertreens and this Sail Away song, which probably isn't Enya but sounds like it should be.

It is Enya, Orinoco Flow.

The fake blues were Robert "Cray" Cray and Little Feat, the latter of which must have been well-received at the private group of AL refugees. Hey, the resulting acronym PGALR sounds better to me than GS -- plus, you wouldn't want to be sued by Goldman Sachs, would you?
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »
It's '88 and so far it's been Smithertreens and this Sail Away song, which probably isn't Enya but sounds like it should be.

The fake blues were Robert "Cray" Cray and Little Feat, the latter of which must have been well-received at the private group of AL refugees. Hey, the resulting acronym PGALR sounds better to me than GS -- plus, you wouldn't want to be sued by Goldman Sachs, would you?

Hey, you're welcome to join us if you wish. And that group only goes apeshit for Bruce.

EDIT: Oh I get it, you're being sarcastic.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:42:55 AM by Big Fingers McGee »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Dec 2012: it's... 1988
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
1. Smithereens - Only A Memory
2. Enya - Orinoco Flow
3. Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
4. Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians - What I Am
5. Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
(Movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)
6. Suoxie and the Banshees - Peek-A-Boo
7. Robert Cray Band - Don't Be Afraid of The Dark
(Commercial - McDonalds)
8. Little Feat - Hate To Lose Your Lovin'
9. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
10. Maxi Priest - Wild World

Yeesh, Sheesh and holy mother of overplayedness.  BOS Maxi Priest, I've always liked that version and if it ain't a bustout it's certainly a rarity (Dave never played it; I don't recall if AL ever did) 
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 10:38:43 AM »

Hey, you're welcome to join us if you wish. And that group only goes apeshit for Bruce.

EDIT: Oh I get it, you're being sarcastic.

When AL had her 10@10 page, it was quite a time suck, so I declined PD's invite to GS the day it was created. Contributing to this group and making Connected requests is good enough for me right now. I also have my prep period during the 10 A.M. hour most days this year, which allows for commentary during the show. Online posting while class was in session last school year was a BAD idea.

Thinking about it a day later, I guess PGALR doesn't exactly roll off the tongue easily.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »

Sounds about right.  I almost singlehandedly ruin their batting average for most of the other bands (such as Pearl Jam, Bob Marley, etc).