Author Topic: KPOO etc week of 6/4/12  (Read 2734 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KPOO etc week of 6/4/12
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:59:03 AM »
Just realized there was no "KPOO etc" thread for this week...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:06:51 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KPOO etc week of 6/4/12
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:32:06 AM »
what has become of us?!

ok, just tuned in KPOO and it's that Thursday "Jump Start" morning show with Scott J. Thompson, I think his name is.  Mostly political talk and news re-broadcasts from overseas and non-mainstream news services, with some rock songs played.   Right now there' a cover of Cream's Sunshine Of Your Love by some heavy guitar band.  Oh!  It's Hendrix!  now he doing Stone Free!  Must be some concert medley.

Now he's playing a recording of Malcolm X "They got you going and coming.. In the South they're outright political wolves. In the North they're political foxes. .. They both come from the canine family."

After some news from the Arab world, he's playing some reggae straight out of NORML central casting.  ok, it's Peter Tosh, singing about legalizing marijuana in Jamaica.  Now it's NHK news from Tokyo.   
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:46:14 AM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KPOO etc week of 6/4/12
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
2NG's Retro Chart is from 1963.  Expect of lot of MOR cheeze.

OMFWTFLOL: BOS Benny Hill, "Harvest of Love" "When i milk the cow/it seems somehow/my thoughts keep straying to you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbs8uQozknc

wow: Andy Williams' "Can't Get Used to Losing You" -- a fave of mine when I was 8, and an early lesson to my young ears about song-structure and how you could advance a plotline verse by verse. Later covered in a ska stylee by the English Beat.

yikes: Cliff Richard with the whitest version of "Lucky Lips" evah.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:40:13 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round