Author Topic: KFOG A-to-Z 2012  (Read 25002 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG A-to-Z 2012
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »
Didja see this from DC on the KFOG front page?

A message from Dennis for Fogheads:

One of the most difficult things in life is dealing with change. We get into our comfortable patterns. Challenging those patterns and finding new ways of doing things is scary, but it can be invigorating and even exciting.

After much consideration, I have made the very difficult decision that it’s time to introduce a brand new morning show on KFOG. It’s a show we’re calling KFOG In The Morning, and it will debut right after Memorial Day.

The Morning After will feature a fresh cast of characters that will immediately put you in a great mood, starting your day with information that’s relevant to you and, of course playing great music to give a positive start to your day. We hope that you will enjoy the new KFOG In The Morning with Tony, Greg and Melanie.

Unfortunately, this will mean that Webster and Irish Greg are leaving the station. We sincerely appreciate their years of service at KFOG and the sacrifices in they have made to get up early every morning to entertain Fogheads. They have been and will remain friends of everyone here.

Thank you for your support of KFOG and we sincerely hope you will find KFOG In The Morning with Tony, Greg and Melanie an enlightening and inspiring experience.

Dennis Constantine
KFOG Program Director

So is the "The Morning After" or ain't it? Anybody know who Tony and Melanie might be?

yes, Irish Greg and Webster got canned Friday 5/11 and this board (and the Facebook) have been very active with talk about what it means for KFOG.

Will they change formats? 

Who are Melanie and Tony?  See here:
http://10at10club.com/forum/index.php?topic=646.msg154910#msg154910

(we know Greg is Greg Gory, who has been on the morning show for a few weeks now, doing news.  He's the voice you now hear on KFOG in the morning slot).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:06:10 AM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 01:27:25 PM »
AL is on a roll with the P's.  Such as:

Tears for Fears - Pale Shelter
James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
Siouxsie/Banshees - Peek-A-Boo
Depeche Mode - People are People
Echo/Bunnymen - People are Strange
John Hiatt - Perfectly Good Guitar
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Johnny Cash - Personal Jesus
Art of Noise - Peter Gunn
Shins - Phantom Limb
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:30:53 PM by radical347 »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 02:57:54 PM »

no Devo?
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »

no Devo?

She played that?  Then, I missed it.  :mad face:

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »

So is the "The Morning After" or ain't it? Anybody know who Tony and Melanie might be?

Apparently "The Morning After" moniker has been sacked. They've now corrected the errant reference to TMA in DC's note on the KFOG front door, to read "KFOG In The Morning" so it sounds like they've gone back to a fairly nondescript uncreative tag for the No-Longer-The-Morning-Show.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »

no Devo?

She played that?  Then, I missed it.  :mad face:

no, she DIDN'T play it.  I have a sad face emoticon, too..
~CPL593H~

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »

Apparently "The Morning After" moniker has been sacked. They've now corrected the errant reference to TMA in DC's note on the KFOG front door, to read "KFOG In The Morning" so it sounds like they've gone back to a fairly nondescript uncreative tag for the No-Longer-The-Morning-Show.
I gotta laugh. It's kinda like they have a focus group going and updating their plans in real time. Either they don't know what they're doing, or they're brilliant. Either way, it probably won't benefit us. And they missed a chance to play some real rock today with "Running With the Devil". At least they played "Running Up That Hill".

ETA: I like "Santa Monica".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:47:42 AM by Davefish »
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »

Looks like Maureen McGovern was wrong.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »

Looks like Maureen McGovern was wrong.

niiiiice...
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »
Oddities in the "south" section: we got "Southbound Again" by DireStraits but not "Southbound" by the Allmans or "Southbound Suarez" by LedZep. But the Doobs "South City Midnight Lady" made the cut. And of course we got Moby's "Southside".  ::)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:38 AM »
Stay up Late, Talking Heads. This is a cassette I played the hell out of. Like.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:43 AM »
RabidDog Tim's updates aside, It's clear now that A-to-Z will end before Sunday.  They're promo-ing the GG Bridge thingy as an all-day thing (broadcasting live from the festival etc) climaxing with the simulcast of the fireworks "soundtrack" sometime after 9pm.  And AL has announced she's doing a special Memorial Day 10@10 on Monday featuring the recently departed (Duck Dunn, Robin Gibb, Donna Summer etc). 

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Holy cow, this FYC cover of "Suspicious Minds" is awful. Take the marbles out of your mouth, dude!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »
Holy cow, this FYC cover of "Suspicious Minds" is awful. Take the marbles out of your mouth, dude!

I *love* that version -- indeed, I like all their pre-"She Drives Me Crazy" stuff. Glad it made the cut in this endlessly baffling WTF A-to-Z.

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »

I *love* that version -- indeed, I like all their pre-"She Drives Me Crazy" stuff. Glad it made the cut in this endlessly baffling WTF A-to-Z.
Wow, well OK.

Interesting to include the Velvet's "Sweet Jane" rather than Lou Reed's (superior) solo version. Guess Lou's is too long.