Author Topic: 13 March 2012: it's... 2002  (Read 4935 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 13 March 2012: it's... 2002
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 10:44:59 PM »
1. Bruce Springsteen - Waitin' On a Sunny Day
 2. Luce - Long Way Down
(Movie: Adaptation - Charlie (Nicholas Cage) struggles with writer's block)
 3. Foo Fighters - Times Like These (B.O.S. 3-way Tie!)
 4. Pete Yorn - Strange Condition
(News: Criminal investigation into Enron; close ties between Enron and the Bush administration)
 5. Matchbox 20 - Unwell
 6. No Doubt - Underneath It All
(Movie: Adaptation - Laroche (Chris Cooper) on the Dance of Love with orchids-"When you spot your flower, you can't let anything get in your way")
 7. 311 - Amber
 8. The Strokes - Last Night
 9. Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer (B.O.S. 3-way Tie!)
(Movie: Adaptation-Charlie (Nicolas Cage) asks our waitress-denied)
10. White Stripes - Fell In Love With a Girl (B.O.S. 3-way Tie!)

Today's Radical Ra(n)tings, using IE formatting:
G/N
1. C/D (The Rising has three singles and this is probably the worst, let's get to both of the others and a few album tracks before repeating this again k?)[/color]
2. B-/D (Songs as bland as this need not be repeated.) 
3. A-/F (ugh.)
4. A-/A- (After playing "Life on a Chain" 2x, she actually went with the other Pete Yorn song! So sad this seems to be the exception and not the rule anymore.  ::) )
5. A-/F- Comment 1: (...) Comment 2: (If they must play M20, I don't understand why they don't play "Disease."   I like "Unwell" as much as anyone, seriously, but "Disease" could really qualify as a 10@10 song.  "Unwell" is anything but.)
6. F/F- (These two songs in a row could have singlehandedly destroyed any 10@10.  Come to think of it, "Unwell" by itself could destroy a perfectly good 10@10, let alone an already subpar one, and this song probably could too.  Seriously, it's like a present-day AliceMixStar sample hour.)
7. B-/F- (After this, 8-9-10 could be my favorite three songs of 2002 and I'd still probably hate the set.  :-\  But they're not.)
8. C/D
9. A-/B-
10. B+/B-