Author Topic: thursday, 27 januari - it's 1981  (Read 21550 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
thursday, 27 januari - it's 1981
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2005, 02:25:12 PM »
if we start that, mshray is bound to go red pencil crazy on beej's posts.

LOL!

Typo's are people too!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: new major topic idea?
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2005, 02:35:34 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Can you edit your own posts anyway?

This brings up a good question.  I will be very busy starting next week until June, and have no desire to be a big nazi around here.  If you guys like staying here for a while, no problem.  I can give moderator tools to anyone who wants them, and it probably would be a good idea for each topic to have a moderator besides me, or more than one!

i just tried the edit post option - works beautifully! thanks (i even corrected my dutch typo). ;)

do we need a moderator? does the board need to be maintained regularly? just wondering...

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2005, 02:48:30 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Can you edit your own posts anyway?

This brings up a good question.  I will be very busy starting next week until June, and have no desire to be a big nazi around here.  If you guys like staying here for a while, no problem.  I can give moderator tools to anyone who wants them, and it probably would be a good idea for each topic to have a moderator besides me, or more than one!

i just tried the edit post option - works beautifully! thanks (i even corrected my dutch typo). ;)

do we need a moderator? does the board need to be maintained regularly? just wondering...

Actually I could see the need for someone to hold that title, not necessarily to moderate, but just to handle some of the administrative stuff that not all of us would have the capacity to do.

I'd volunteer, but there are times when I can't check in here for several hours (or a day or so) at a time, so not sure how viable I'd be in that role. And I think Rod's paid his administrative dues, unless he wants to continue in that capacity. Anyone else care to step up?
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2005, 03:49:16 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Actually I could see the need for someone to hold that title, not necessarily to moderate, but just to handle some of the administrative stuff that not all of us would have the capacity to do.

I'd volunteer, but there are times when I can't check in here for several hours (or a day or so) at a time, so not sure how viable I'd be in that role. And I think Rod's paid his administrative dues, unless he wants to continue in that capacity. Anyone else care to step up?
Well, like I said earlier, it's mainly janitorial.  Sometimes I fix broken code if I think it's easy.  There's always the possibility that someone on the outside can come in and make a bunch of spam posts that need to be deleted, but that would probably be pretty rare; I don't remember seeing any on the discserver board.  Another moderation tool is to move a topic to a different category, if it seems misplaced.  Quite frankly, now that I know you can edit your own posts, that's a load off my mind.  In the future, I'll just get mshray to rag on those of you who start the daily thread and don't mark it clearly enough!

Once bitten, twice shy!

So, Urth, which topic would you like to voluteer for?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2005, 05:01:52 PM »

Well, like I said earlier, it's mainly janitorial.  Sometimes I fix broken code if I think it's easy.  There's always the possibility that someone on the outside can come in and make a bunch of spam posts that need to be deleted, but that would probably be pretty rare; I don't remember seeing any on the discserver board.  Another moderation tool is to move a topic to a different category, if it seems misplaced.  Quite frankly, now that I know you can edit your own posts, that's a load off my mind.  In the future, I'll just get mshray to rag on those of you who start the daily thread and don't mark it clearly enough!

Once bitten, twice shy!

OK, I'll take the KFOG 10@10 topic. If need be, I could probably grab another but I don't wanna be greedy.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2005, 06:44:31 PM »
OK, I'll take the KFOG 10@10 topic. If need be, I could probably grab another but I don't wanna be greedy.

OK, you're on.  Check it out; I don't really know what you can do, but you'll find out.  It took me a while to find where to go, but now that I know it's easy.  So if anyone else wants to volunteer for janitorial work, just let me know.  I'll be at Washington High School Friday morning at 7:15 AM, so you won't see me here until the afternoon.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!