Author Topic: 23 Sept 2011: it's 1967!  (Read 10765 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Sept 2011: it's 1967!
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »
OMG! Chambers Bros! Hope Geoff got his stream back. The looong version? Psychedelicized BOS6 either way.
I never got the stream back, and I can't stay up until 1:00 AM out here either!  Did they play the long version?  Also, finally true justice, as this was a huge hit here in '67, even though the rest of the country was '68.  By 'here' I mean 'there' back in the Bay Area, where I'm currently not!

my first concert of any size (December '67):

Wow, nice first concert!  (Mine was Journey and the Good Rats ... so, you know ... we're even.)   :P

yes they played the lo-o-o-o-o-ng version, the one that takes lots of Time to unfold and seep through your psychodaelicized skull and into your brain crevasses.  I'm sure you've been there!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:45:16 PM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:35 PM »
OMG! Chambers Bros! Hope Geoff got his stream back. The looong version? Psychedelicized BOS6 either way.
I never got the stream back, and I can't stay up until 1:00 AM out here either!  Did they play the long version?  Also, finally true justice, as this was a huge hit here in '67, even though the rest of the country was '68.  By 'here' I mean 'there' back in the Bay Area, where I'm currently not!

Wow, nice first concert!  (Mine was Journey and the Good Rats ... so, you know ... we're even.)   :P

...and in last place, my first concert:  (Should've been Duran Duran at Oakland Coliseum in '84...damnit, Mom!)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »
I never got the stream back, and I can't stay up until 1:00 AM out here either!  Did they play the long version?  Also, finally true justice, as this was a huge hit here in '67, even though the rest of the country was '68.  By 'here' I mean 'there' back in the Bay Area, where I'm currently not!

Wow, nice first concert!  (Mine was Journey and the Good Rats ... so, you know ... we're even.)   :P

How well-known were the Good Rats in Rochester in '79? They were HUGE on Lawn Guyland, of course. They really shoulda been big big stars.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »

How well-known were the Good Rats in Rochester in '79? They were HUGE on Lawn Guyland, of course. They really shoulda been big big stars.

Pretty well known... They had several songs in regular rotation on the rock station, like Hey Injun Joe, Tasty, and You're Still Doin It.  They still play around NYS - though the band is pretty much singer Peppy Marchelllo and some guys, including one of his sons -  and will be in Rochester on Oct 8.  Yes, they should have been bigger.  They were fun live.
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »

The only reason I know them, is the guitarist with the big nose used to play one of my guitars, long, long ago!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!