Author Topic: Friday July 15 --it's 1970!!  (Read 10384 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Friday July 15 --it's 1970!!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2005, 09:42:10 PM »
Quote from: "Rod"
Quote from: "Gaz at da Voice"

Meantime, Rod, I feel for ya, bud.  As long as avenues of communication are open and honest, whatever happens will prove to have been the right and necessary thing to happen.  Optimism will save the day.

Thanks, Gaz.  And all of you, for your kind thoughts.  

I'm playing the "if you love something, set it free.." game right now.  Don't believe in it for a minute, but it's my best bet...

Hope everything works out OK. Love hurts. Actually it does a whole lot of weird shit.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2005, 10:19:49 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "Gaz at da Voice"
One of the Flaming Ember members emailed me some time ago with some info on the band, so I'll check in with him tonight.  What was his name?  Offhand I don't remember the Flaming Ember member.

as long as the Flaming Ember member's member isn't a Flaming Member.
Do you remember the 21st of September?

I want all of you to stop what you're doing and re-read this post while watching RGMike's avatar -- and imagine that Mr. Garrison is barking out that line.

Endless amusement.  And hey!  With this entry, don't you know I'm a 2,000 (post) Man?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2005, 10:43:20 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
BOS BOS BOS Westbound #9.

Why can't I get this for my iPod!?

Mission Not Quite Accomplished:

http://www.flamingembers.com/page5.html was the page Jerry Plunk of the band had directed me to.  It's got a ~minute-long excerpt of the song, insufficient.  Is nothing from the band available on iTunes?  I might want to call that to Jerry's attention if so.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2005, 10:56:13 AM »
So, I tuned in for 1970 Fri nite (having missed the morning version) and my first thought upon hearing the first tune (Sugarloaf) was "Ladies and gentlemen... the SHORT version!"  I would've posted a comment, but I had already turned off the computer... and then lo & behold at the end of the set, Dave used that exact line.

Gee, this James Gang song isn't TOO reminiscent of Zep's "Good Times Bad Times," is it?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round