Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 447211 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #615 on: April 06, 2007, 07:14:39 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Giants win!!!!  Sharks win!!!

Another great night at the Tank. Sharks defeat the Flames. A lot of rough housing but that's the Calgary way I think. Pricks.
Lotsa action and we get pizza with a score of 4. Did well Sunday too.

Speaking of Flames.... not funny but a heckuva sight to see. After leaving the tank, getting on 87 and getting to 101 (I think I was on 101 already but not sure), there are police lights ahead. Lo and behold a freaking car is on the side of the road engulfed in flames. Full on colorful fire with black smoke. Wild. Only a cop car behind it. No fire trucks, nothing.

Calgary fans who left the game early? :lol:

4 in the net... a car fire you get!  I think they took the "Flames" monicker to extremes, no?  I was there Sun too. Unfortunately, nobody in SF honors the free pizza thing.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #616 on: April 06, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
GLORIOUS day at the ballpark. Wish the Giants didn't get spanked so badly but that's the way it went. Can only get better.
Vida Blue sat behind me for about an inning and a half. Chatted with people behind me and I talked a little to him. Last Friday I met a bunch of the players and he posed for a few pictures with me and signed one of my b-balls. He was nice today and looked through my little album of pictures from Friday.

Ali, who's your new avatar?  I'd have his baby.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #617 on: April 07, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
GLORIOUS day at the ballpark. Wish the Giants didn't get spanked so badly but that's the way it went. Can only get better.
Vida Blue sat behind me for about an inning and a half. Chatted with people behind me and I talked a little to him. Last Friday I met a bunch of the players and he posed for a few pictures with me and signed one of my b-balls. He was nice today and looked through my little album of pictures from Friday.

Me too.
Ryan Klesko. He was very nice. I'll have to get my player pictures uploaded today. Todd Linden is oh so young and cute too.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Ali's pix
« Reply #618 on: April 07, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »
Me too.
Ryan Klesko. He was very nice. I'll have to get my player pictures uploaded today. Todd Linden is oh so young and cute too.

Ali's pics include a ton of well-dressed athletes!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #619 on: April 07, 2007, 10:55:44 AM »

Me too.

Wow, I totally didn't recognize him either.  But I figured it was either a Giant or a Shark, and he didn't look banged-up enuf to be a Shark. (Personally, I 'd like to be, er, double-teamed by Cheechoo and Thornton.)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #620 on: April 08, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Me too.

Wow, I totally didn't recognize him either.  But I figured it was either a Giant or a Shark, and he didn't look banged-up enuf to be a Shark. (Personally, I 'd like to be, er, double-teamed by Cheechoo and Thornton.)

OK then. I'll take a double Mark, Bell and Smith.
Sharks bleed teal.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
It's in the hole!
« Reply #621 on: April 12, 2007, 09:38:39 AM »
I don't know if any of you are familiar with this story, but I just found out she's our salesman's grandmother.

I'll probably have to wait 'til I'm a hundred and two, too:

http://www.chicoer.com/sports/ci_5615931
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #622 on: April 18, 2007, 11:47:18 PM »
Another winning sports night. No voice left after hootin and hollerin at the Shark Tank and home in time to see Richy Rich help win the Giants game in the 12th. woooooo Fu$#ing hooooo!!!!!

I'll be wearing my Sharks jersey to the Giants on Friday night. That ought to confuse lots of people. Maybe an orange hoodie under it. If Sharks win in Nashville, we're off to the next round.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #623 on: April 19, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »
Another winning sports night. No voice left after hootin and hollerin at the Shark Tank and home in time to see Richy Rich help win the Giants game in the 12th. woooooo Fu$#ing hooooo!!!!!

I'll be wearing my Sharks jersey to the Giants on Friday night. That ought to confuse lots of people. Maybe an orange hoodie under it. If Sharks win in Nashville, we're off to the next round.

not to mention the Warriors clinched their first playoff spot since 1994 by beating Portland last night.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #624 on: April 28, 2007, 12:44:22 PM »
Wow, having won the first game of the series, the Sharks were up 2-0 after only 5 mins of the first period in game 2.  Detroit has yet to get a shot on goal and the period is now 13 minutes old.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #625 on: April 28, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
Wow, having won the first game of the series, the Sharks were up 2-0 after only 5 mins of the first period in game 2.  Detroit has yet to get a shot on goal and the period is now 13 minutes old.

2-2, exciting. Blew it in the last minute or so. Losng by 1 :x
Such a let down.
I'll be at the Tank cheering them on Monday and Wednesday.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2007, 05:38:36 PM »
A's acquire Ryan "Islands of" Langerhans from Atlanta for the proverbial Player To Be Named Later.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
what kind of pun?
« Reply #627 on: April 29, 2007, 09:41:26 PM »
A's acquire Ryan "Islands of" Langerhans from Atlanta for the proverbial Player To Be Named Later.

Chris Berman or Firesign Theatre?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #628 on: April 30, 2007, 12:26:14 AM »
Damned if the Warriors didn't take it to Dallas yet again tonight in Oaktown. They could actually win this series. That guy Nelson can really work some miracles.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: what kind of pun?
« Reply #629 on: April 30, 2007, 08:35:09 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"

Chris Berman or Firesign Theatre?

I've never actually heard Berman say it, but I'm sure he has.