Author Topic: Jon Carroll's annual quiz  (Read 3359 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Jon Carroll's annual quiz
« on: December 28, 2005, 12:32:39 PM »
it's in today's Chron is yer interested.  Here's one of the questions:

Cast your mind back a mere 15 years, to 1990. What movie won the Academy Award for best picture? Who won the best actor Oscar? Best actress? Best supporting actor? Best supporting actress? Hint: None of these performers was in the movie that won best picture, indeed no movie appears more than once in this list.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Carroll's annual quiz
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:26:46 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Cast your mind back a mere 15 years, to 1990. What movie won the Academy Award for best picture? Who won the best actor Oscar? Best actress? Best supporting actor? Best supporting actress? Hint: None of these performers was in the movie that won best picture, indeed no movie appears more than once in this list.

Man, this is tough.  Glory for best picture?  Ghost for supporting actress (Whoopi)?  Born on the 4th of July for actor (Cruise)?  I'm sure I have my years wrong on these -- I don't have the same associations for films that I do for music.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Carroll's annual quiz
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:01:32 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"

Man, this is tough.  Glory for best picture?  Ghost for supporting actress (Whoopi)?  Born on the 4th of July for actor (Cruise)?  I'm sure I have my years wrong on these -- I don't have the same associations for films that I do for music.

Right on Whoopi. Wrong on the others (Cruise has never won an Oscar, thank god -- he's insufferable enough as it is.).
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round